• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

rct_uk

rct_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual; Orange SF
I've been enjoying my first new phone since I bought my SPV C500 back in 2004. I have however noticed a problem: after the phone has been on for a couple of hours I find that the top left of the screen retains a flickering ghost image of the start menu button in all screens. This is sometimes solved by a completed power down and restart but not always as I have also noticed it faintly on the orange boot screen as well. The screen is not left on all the time - I've set the phone to sleep after 1 minute idle. Has anyone else seen this problem or is my new phone faulty?

Thanks for your help.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." Robert Frost.

vince06

vince06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I've been enjoying my first new phone since I bought my SPV C500 back in 2004. I have however noticed a problem: after the phone has been on for a couple of hours I find that the top left of the screen retains a flickering ghost image of the start menu button in all screens. This is sometimes solved by a completed power down and restart but not always as I have also noticed it faintly on the orange boot screen as well. The screen is not left on all the time - I've set the phone to sleep after 1 minute idle. Has anyone else seen this problem or is my new phone faulty?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not seeing this on my TouchDual. Might be faulty..

rct_uk

rct_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I'm not seeing this on my TouchDual. Might be faulty..

Oh no - I was hoping it was a common bug that would be rectified with a firmware fix. It looks like another forum member has also experienced this: see here

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." Robert Frost.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I'd say hardware too i'm afraid :(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

ashley

ashley

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I bought my SPV C500 back in 2004

That's good going in all respects.

Three years for the phone is very respectable
Three years sticking with one phone....wow!
A three year old battery must have lasted till just beyond lunchtime!

rct_uk

rct_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I'd say hardware too i'm afraid :(

P

Well I've started the long winded process of getting a replacement. Orange have referred the fault to "technical" who will contact me once they have completed their investigations. I tried photographing the fault today and unfortunately it just doesn't show up clearly on camera.

rct_uk

rct_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Quick update - spoke to O again last night after nobody called back - this time the person I spoke to authorised a new phone straight away which hopefully will turn up tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users