cerij, on Jan 5 2008, 21:42, said:
Just a starter for 10...great device but a few problems for me...
1. Lack of a hardware OK button
2. Lack of a jog wheel
3. Annoying tendency for it to switch between XT9/abc at random (is this just me?) for example entering a username and password on a web page, the username could be abc but the password field is always XT9...
4. If slide up answers a call, should slide down not end the call?
5. Touch-flo - click videos, the thumbnails are in landscape, click on one, it switches to Windows Media Player (portrait), click Full Screen, switches back to landscape
6. Quick menu - when I slide open the device, 9 times/10 it is to make a call, which is the one option not available on the quick menu (look up contact should be the first option)
7. When reading an e-mail, press the down button on the keypad, it scrolls almost a whole page but not quite, makes it hard to read a long e-mail, why not just scroll a line at a time?
8. Text message notifications, when it pops up on the homescreen, it has the first few lines of the text message, the only options are to dismiss or reply, why not Read?? I can't reply if I haven't read the whole message.
Well these are just my opinions of course, anyone else???
Boy, where do I start....!!!!????
1. Ridiculously unfathomable input methods
2. Inability to charge and listen to music on headphones at the same time
3. No WIFI - not fair really cos we all knew that already before getting the handset
4. No built-in GPRS monitor - again not that fair cos all WinMo devices are the same and don't have one (bizarrely) - but definitely a huge annoyance
5. Not possible to view photos saved on the memory card using the very funky TouchFLO feature - they have to be in the camera or internal My Pictures folder.
6. Not possible to customize the TouchFLO cube (that only has 3 sides
7. Battery indicator disappears as soon as you leave the home screen
No doubt others that will come to light in due course (if indeed I decide to get a replacement after I send this faulty one back)
I may of course be wrong and some of these may be down to to old-fashioned user muppetry on my part. So please let me know if I'm talking cobblers!
P.S This device has plenty of positives though - let's not get carried away too much slagging it off!!!