Motorola Q9h Data Connections

Guest Panthro

Guest Panthro

Hello everyone. I'm a COMPLETE newb to the Windows Mobile scene ... and so far my decision last nite to go to this platform is not fairing so well - mostly because I didn't follow my GUT instinct NOT to purchase a Q9h AT&T branded version, when I live in Canada and use Rogers Wireless (this was originally posted by the seller on Rogers).

That said I've search a few threads here - totally forgotten that I had a membership since last year) - but I have not found anything specific to what I was looking for and I need ALL of your help.

1> It seems branded Q9h's have several bookmarks, application shortcut links (to download apps), applications, and finally but most importantly data connection settings that I don't need (or you yourself dont need). Now this wouldn't bother so much if this had WiFi (another topic, another thread), but I NEED this data connection.

2> IS there a way that I can find the SOURCE and install the Rogers branded firmware into this Q9h? I'm aware the ROM and RAM is slightly different (Rogers' Q9h has 256MB ROM, 96MB RAM - some used I know). Ive tried Motorola's site ... and although their marketing team has done a FANTASTIC job of advertisement of the Q9, nothing even in support has anything on Firmware. I tried software & nothing listed.

I need your help guys. The data settings for Rogers I have but inputting them into this AT&T-Q9h is useless because telling the setting that it connects to "Internet", "WAP", "Secure WAP", "Work", etc. non of these seem to work. ODDLY enough via the MicroUSB-USB connection to my PC I can surf websites.

I sincerely need your help ... else I spent $300 on a project device that is useless to me. Its in MINT condition too, which annoys me to pieces. Any pointers & help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks.

WM6 Standard Newb

Prom1

Guest dwboston
Hello everyone. I'm a COMPLETE newb to the Windows Mobile scene ... and so far my decision last nite to go to this platform is not fairing so well - mostly because I didn't follow my GUT instinct NOT to purchase a Q9h AT&T branded version, when I live in Canada and use Rogers Wireless (this was originally posted by the seller on Rogers).

That said I've search a few threads here - totally forgotten that I had a membership since last year) - but I have not found anything specific to what I was looking for and I need ALL of your help.

1> It seems branded Q9h's have several bookmarks, application shortcut links (to download apps), applications, and finally but most importantly data connection settings that I don't need (or you yourself dont need). Now this wouldn't bother so much if this had WiFi (another topic, another thread), but I NEED this data connection.

2> IS there a way that I can find the SOURCE and install the Rogers branded firmware into this Q9h? I'm aware the ROM and RAM is slightly different (Rogers' Q9h has 256MB ROM, 96MB RAM - some used I know). Ive tried Motorola's site ... and although their marketing team has done a FANTASTIC job of advertisement of the Q9, nothing even in support has anything on Firmware. I tried software & nothing listed.

I need your help guys. The data settings for Rogers I have but inputting them into this AT&T-Q9h is useless because telling the setting that it connects to "Internet", "WAP", "Secure WAP", "Work", etc. non of these seem to work. ODDLY enough via the MicroUSB-USB connection to my PC I can surf websites.

I sincerely need your help ... else I spent $300 on a project device that is useless to me. Its in MINT condition too, which annoys me to pieces. Any pointers & help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks.

WM6 Standard Newb

Prom1

Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> GPRS, and add an entry for the Rogers data network settings. The Q Global connects to AT&T's Media Net by default - just delete or edit that entry to the Rogers internet/WAP access settings which you should be able to get from them. This isn't a big deal.

Guest Panthro
Don't forget to remove teh AT&T proxy too, and configure PIE to connect via 'The Internet' instead of 'WAP Network'!

P

Thanks guys .. got this working 2 days ago on my own by the same methods you BOTH mentioned. I'm content. However although I created new settings for my Rogers Wireless MMS it still will not SEND although I finally received the test MMS from my wife's LG Shine (Rogers branded) after 2 days. My settings should be correct but I'm getting help to verify. I'm aware of AT&T Q9h's having MMS delays so this may be part of the ROM somewhere. usually anyone with issues send/receiving MMS is because the network wasn't enabled to allow it on their billing account/switch. Mines enabled. Strange that I CAN receive but not send. usually its the OTHER way around.

again I'm a Windows Mobile newb and its NOTHING like WinXP desktop - at least to me so NOTHING is straight forward. nothing at all.

• 2 years later...
Guest Rustyj143

Hi, I have the exact same problem can some one Help me out. I have a Q9H from at&t and i am using rogers however the data connection will not work.

Cheers,

Rusty