IMEI Unblocking

Guest DeanPall

Guest DeanPall

I'm in the process of being made redundant and it's all got very messy (as usual). My company have blocked my business SIM card which is fine but they also appear to have blocked my phone for use on all phone networks. I wouldn't have a problem with this but they've blocked the IMEI of my own personal mobile phone (T-Mobile Touch) which I've been using with my work SIM card instead of my company issued Nokia N73. I've had a look on the internet but I cannot find out if it is possible to have an IMEI block removed if I can provide evidence that the phone is not stolen and belongs to me?

Guest Kaaeed
I'm in the process of being made redundant and it's all got very messy (as usual). My company have blocked my business SIM card which is fine but they also appear to have blocked my phone for use on all phone networks. I wouldn't have a problem with this but they've blocked the IMEI of my own personal mobile phone (T-Mobile Touch) which I've been using with my work SIM card instead of my company issued Nokia N73. I've had a look on the internet but I cannot find out if it is possible to have an IMEI block removed if I can provide evidence that the phone is not stolen and belongs to me?

Hello There

Phones are normally locked to a particular network. Therefore, if your phone is locked on T Mobile it does not matter who owns the SIM card but will only respond to a T Mobile SIM/

IMEI unblocking can be done over the internet and for the HTC Touch. All that this asks for is a verified credit card and no proof of ownership. This unblocks the phone to any network. Please check out the link below.

If you have a personal SIM card with with T Mobile you should still be able to use your phone.

http://www.imei-check.co.uk/

Best of luck

Kaaeed

Guest Neil5459

IMEICheck will NOT unblock a blocked IMEI number- it can only Unlock a SIM locked phone

DeanPall- your company are in breach of contract if they have blocked your own personal phone, though it may have been inadvertant. When they asked for the SIM to be blocked, the operator probably assumed that the current device had to be blocked as well.

Your first approach ought to be to the operator from whom you purchased the Touch, or if it was SIM Free, from the operator who issued your own SIM card. If that fails then you need to approach your company and point out that they have blocked the wrong phone- as it was a company SIM card, they should be able to get the operator to remove the IMEI block.

If all that fails, your only recourse is to legal advice.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I would speak to your Operator and explain the situation, and explain that you can't be earning them money until they fix it :(

You have proof of purchase I assume?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Since you say your device is a T-Mo Touch, giving them a quick call should sort it out i'd hope, as they'll be able to clearly see you still have the same phone attributed to your own contract!

P

Guest DeanPall

Hi All, many thanks for the advice. The company SIM card is on o2 and the mobile was purchased off eBay which might make things a little difficult for me. Anyway I contacted o2 and explained the situation and the lady I spoke to told me she would arrange for her manager to remove the IMEI lock today but it may take up to 72 hours for it to be actioned! Fingers crossed that they actually do this. I'm really annoyed as I ended up hard resetting the device out of desperation before I realised what had actually happened. Oh what fun I'll have reinstalling all those applications again! Think I've landed a new job today which is good news. Great site by the way!

Edited by DeanPall