Photo

T-Mobile HSPDA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton
I have HSPDA and I'm on the lowest Flext plans.

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
When did you get it Tony? There was a period when you could but I believe you can't any more :D

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

humph12345

humph12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

That's interesting Humph - You obviously know your technical stuff very well and have been very helpful. With regards to your ratings - do you have a vested interest? By that I am not in any way suggesting you stand to gain, but do you work for any of the networks? You obviously know the industry and know what you are talking about.

I have no vested interest, I have done the HSDPA upgrade on Vodafones network, I am working upgrding T-Mobile at the moment and no doubt will work on the others.

My grading is just from what I see of the networks on the ground.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Thanks for the reply - I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to make sure.

As a user I am very impressed with T-Mobile (I have a great deal with them) - nice to know that my experience is borne out by those that know!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

c0nd0r54

c0nd0r54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:6680
Hi can i just say what i know of T-mobile?!?

When trying to use for example the HSDPA on the handset,

You get 1.8mbps, It does not go any higher I'm afraid at the moment.

Regardless of what price plan you are on, ok??!

Its the data plan you have to have enabled so you can use HSDPA.

These plans as youse well know are standard,plus and max.

ONLY on plus and max will this HSDPA work with your handset, because on using that data plan,

What T-mobile do, is enable a feature called a SOC, this SOC as i mentioned you can only get on the 12.50 and above :D

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
As has been discussed in many other threads, that is true in theory as of now....

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:golf, cars, gadgets
  • Devices:HTC One x on 3
  • Twitter:@Br1an_g

You won't get 7.2M on T-mobile, I am working on the network at the moment and the network isn't enabled at that rate, even if it was, I only know of a handfull of sites in London, that would be able to give anywhere near 7.2M.

As for Vodafone, they have done almost nothing on their network since launching 3G Broadband and they are rapidly dropping behind T-mobile.

From my inside knowledge, this is how I would rate the networks.

T-Mobile

Vodafone

Orange

Three

O2

The last 3 have done very little in their networks and are only just looking at starting to upgrade, far too late in my opinion.

i would have to disagree with putting three near the bottom there. in fact, i would put them right alongside t-mobile :D

Posted Image

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

i would have to disagree with putting three near the bottom there. in fact, i would put them right alongside t-mobile :D

Why? Or are you referring to the joint agreement between Three and T?

Br1an_g

Br1an_g

Not a Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:golf, cars, gadgets
  • Devices:HTC One x on 3
  • Twitter:@Br1an_g

Why? Or are you referring to the joint agreement between Three and T?

partly the joint agreement.
obviously this wont be complete for a couple of years but seems a bit harsh putting three near the bottom when they have invested heavily in their network over the past 5 years. All Three sites are HSDPA enabled and given the starting position is 3g, upgrading to the next speed is much more economical than starting at a 2g base station.

so although as humph is saying, Three are just starting to upgrade their HSDPA capabilities. the above should make it much easier and quicker for them.

Posted Image

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Thanks for the reply.
Hunph - your comments? Why did you put Three so low? I'm sure you have your reasons!

deanparkr

deanparkr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Does anyone know if its possible to get HSPDA on a SIM Only deal?

I have justSIM 20 and W&W Plus but have been told that HSDPA is not avalible on any SIM Only plan.

Has anyone on here got a SIM-O with HSDPA?

humph12345

humph12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Thanks for the reply.
Hunph - your comments? Why did you put Three so low? I'm sure you have your reasons!

I have put Three so low because in the south the still have a large number of early Node B's, these are not capable of HSDPA or very limited. Also the have no major program of installing new links to site. Most of their sites are running of 1 or 2 2Mbit links. (2Mbit links are the old standard transmission into a base station, if you have 2M going into a site, that is split over 3 sectors, so you will only get a 3rd of the available data in the cell tha you are located). T-mobile in and around London have at least 4 2M links going into their site and some have 8.

T-mobile have tha greatest capacity, followed by Vodafone (who have just signed a deal with Bt to have high capacity fibre run into 70% of their site) and then 3. I do have some inside gen from 3, as several ex work mate are working there.

As for the joint agreement, it will have no impact, if you are T-mobile customer, you will be on T-mobiles neywork and 3 customers will be on 3's network. Only the core network will be shared and this has come about because Nokia have a two network RNC that enables this. They will share infrastucture, but remain seperate, thats if it doesn't go the way of the Vodafone/Orange deal. The cracks are already starting to show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users