T-Mobile HSPDA

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest Br1an_g
You won't get 7.2M on T-mobile, I am working on the network at the moment and the network isn't enabled at that rate, even if it was, I only know of a handfull of sites in London, that would be able to give anywhere near 7.2M.

As for Vodafone, they have done almost nothing on their network since launching 3G Broadband and they are rapidly dropping behind T-mobile.

From my inside knowledge, this is how I would rate the networks.

T-Mobile

Vodafone

Orange

Three

O2

The last 3 have done very little in their networks and are only just looking at starting to upgrade, far too late in my opinion.

i would have to disagree with putting three near the bottom there. in fact, i would put them right alongside t-mobile :D

Guest Confucious
i would have to disagree with putting three near the bottom there. in fact, i would put them right alongside t-mobile :D

Why? Or are you referring to the joint agreement between Three and T?

Guest Br1an_g
Why? Or are you referring to the joint agreement between Three and T?

partly the joint agreement.

obviously this wont be complete for a couple of years but seems a bit harsh putting three near the bottom when they have invested heavily in their network over the past 5 years. All Three sites are HSDPA enabled and given the starting position is 3g, upgrading to the next speed is much more economical than starting at a 2g base station.

so although as humph is saying, Three are just starting to upgrade their HSDPA capabilities. the above should make it much easier and quicker for them.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deanparkr

Does anyone know if its possible to get HSPDA on a SIM Only deal?

I have justSIM 20 and W&W Plus but have been told that HSDPA is not avalible on any SIM Only plan.

Has anyone on here got a SIM-O with HSDPA?

Guest humph12345
Thanks for the reply.

Hunph - your comments? Why did you put Three so low? I'm sure you have your reasons!

I have put Three so low because in the south the still have a large number of early Node B's, these are not capable of HSDPA or very limited. Also the have no major program of installing new links to site. Most of their sites are running of 1 or 2 2Mbit links. (2Mbit links are the old standard transmission into a base station, if you have 2M going into a site, that is split over 3 sectors, so you will only get a 3rd of the available data in the cell tha you are located). T-mobile in and around London have at least 4 2M links going into their site and some have 8.

T-mobile have tha greatest capacity, followed by Vodafone (who have just signed a deal with Bt to have high capacity fibre run into 70% of their site) and then 3. I do have some inside gen from 3, as several ex work mate are working there.

As for the joint agreement, it will have no impact, if you are T-mobile customer, you will be on T-mobiles neywork and 3 customers will be on 3's network. Only the core network will be shared and this has come about because Nokia have a two network RNC that enables this. They will share infrastucture, but remain seperate, thats if it doesn't go the way of the Vodafone/Orange deal. The cracks are already starting to show.