Sounds play while I'm talking & other party hears. SMS keeps playing.

Guest shelli

Hi All,

First let me say that I am not 100% foreign to Modaco. I’ve helped a friend search on a couple things for their phone. This is a great site. :) I just joined and wasn’t sure where to post this – not device specific but maybe it really is. For the last few days, I have spent hours searching Modaco forums.

Ok. There are a couple problems. I received this unlocked HP iPAQ 510 Voice Messenger for Christmas (Dec 25, 1007). I can't find any information on fixing this or a fix for this. So, I am writing.

When I am on the phone talking to someone, they can hear that I’ve received a message (voice, text, etc). They can hear reminder sounds and that I’ve missed calls. It just keeps on playing right out of the speaker. We just have to wait for it to play out. The only way I can stop them and me from hearing these things while I am on the phone is if I change my profile to Silent. Vibrate helps most times. I hate having to go back and forth changing my profiles. It must be HP related or something. My friend has an iMate sp5m and this doesn’t happen to them and I’ve not stumbled onto this in the forums.

Also, for incoming calls, I’ve chosen a ringer of my choice. When I answer the call, it stops playing this ringer sound immediately. I would like the same to happen for my messages. When I receive any type of text message, upon checking the message, the sound should cease. It is not doing this. How can this be fixed? Now after checking the forums, it seems that there is no real way to do this regardless of if it is Windows Mobile 5 or 6. However, I figured I'd ask or I could've missed something.

I’ve already chatted with HP and they had me do a master reset. This didn’t help it. So, they are telling me that I will have to call another number and send it in for repair.

I haven’t done much within the registry of this phone. I have completely unlocked the phone using SDA Application Unlock.

Thank you for your help,

Shelli

Edited by shelli

Hi again all,

I realize that I may not get a reply. I still don't know how to fix this matter. Anyhow... I wanted to write an update. I have received a new HP iPAQ 510. It still has the same issue with playing tones while I am on the phone. It doesn't matter if the call is on Normal, Outdoor, or Vibrate. The other party and I can still hear that a message or alert has come through. I did stumble onto an option under Settings>Accessibility. I can change the In-Call alert Volume from 0-5. I won't hear the alert while on the phone if I set the profile to Silent or if I adjust the In-Call alert Volume to 0. I would like a way to hear a regular beep and for the other caller to hear nothing. You know... as though I am using some other phone that works properly. Is there a registry value or something?

Shelli