Samsung i600 and WI FI problem ?

Guest saso

Hi have an i600 runing official wm6 update from samsung ...

when i connect to my wi fi spot at home it works for sometime but if im not browsing or let say using chat it will drop connection after some time of inactivity and let say sign me out of the chat aplication ...

I have set the wi fi settings to NEVER drop connection but this had not helped anyone knows why this happens and what i need to do to avoid this ...

LET ME ADD I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH MY SYMBIAN PHONES TO HOLD THE WI FI CONNECTION EXAMPLE NOKIA E90 .

regards saso

Edited by saso

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I know how disable it! Now, your WiFi connection will be connected as long as you want :D

1. Download PHM Registry editor from HERE.

2. Turn on this app and go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\WlanPower -> WLANTIMEOUT -> Value data: default is 60 (seconds). Set your own time.

That's all :)

I hope it's helpful.

• 2 months later...
Guest Ahtum
Ok, I know how disable it! Now, your WiFi connection will be connected as long as you want :(

1. Download PHM Registry editor from HERE.

2. Turn on this app and go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\WlanPower -> WLANTIMEOUT -> Value data: default is 60 (seconds). Set your own time.

That's all :D

I hope it's helpful.

Is very helpful ... but I want to ask you if The app must run everytime .... I mean I set once the value data , and if I turn off this app the value will be back to deafult ??