• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Attached File  Rinku_Iconbar.zip   181.15KB   748 downloads

Attached is the iconbar with landscape and background transparency support!! Instructions are in a Readme in the zip. I hope it will be of use to the non-Shadow community.

Arbeider

Arbeider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTCS 710

The iconbar is ready (almost) with support for landscape mode (320x240) as well. The transparency issue has been brought to my attention and it has been resolved. I will have it out in two days.

Thank you very much. I have anotherfeature request but don't know if it is possible. The iconbar plugin seems to work only on the home screen. When you go into a menu or something I still get the normal bar on top.

By the way, the new one work like a charm. Only one question. Is it possible to have the orientation changed when you slide the phone? Normaly I have portrait but when I slide my keyboard open I have landscape. For my background image in my home.xml I have:

Edited by Arbeider, 20 February 2008 - 09:46 AM.

go-qtek

go-qtek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Attached is the iconbar with landscape and background transparency support!! Instructions are in a Readme in the zip. I hope it will be of use to the non-Shadow community.

Excelent Work RinkuD i've installed the former bar since some days ago and i 've noted that the property for WLMessenger will not show up by incoming messages. You can use those icons for that purpose if you like :-)

Attached Files

Edited by go-qtek, 20 February 2008 - 01:33 PM.

lexusondubs

lexusondubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
where do you find the /windows folder ??

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

where do you find the /windows folder ??

Its on your phone. If you are able to see it while browsing through the PC, then on My Computer, goto Tools>Folder Options>View and check "Show hidden files and folders".

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Excelent Work RinkuD i've installed the former bar since some days ago and i 've noted that the property for WLMessenger will not show up by incoming messages. You can use those icons for that purpose if you like :-)

go-qtek,

The number of notifications are limited in the plugin. The WML notifications are not wanted. With a few more basic changes, I shall be soon be realesing the source code for the plugin. Then perhaps interested users can add more notifications as they want.

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Thank you very much. I have anotherfeature request but don't know if it is possible. The iconbar plugin seems to work only on the home screen. When you go into a menu or something I still get the normal bar on top.

By the way, the new one work like a charm. Only one question. Is it possible to have the orientation changed when you slide the phone? Normaly I have portrait but when I slide my keyboard open I have landscape. For my background image in my home.xml I have:

I am not sure how to acheive that. Specially because I do not think the Shadow (only phone which I have) has that feature inbuilt. In any case, releasing the source code would perhaps motivate someone to add such features to it.

the_matrixx

the_matrixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Shadow, Wing, MDA
RinkuD - this is off topic but I don't recall where or if there is a topic in here about your my favs mod. i really like it and am glad someone could finish it. i made figured out the beginning pieces but then got stuck. the question i have is when do the notifications or how do they refresh? i have had a missed call and an unread text message for days now.

go-qtek

go-qtek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

go-qtek,

The number of notifications are limited in the plugin. The WML notifications are not wanted. With a few more basic changes, I shall be soon be realesing the source code for the plugin. Then perhaps interested users can add more notifications as they want.

Thanks for the answer RinkD, i'll be expecting for it

the dawg

the dawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q 9h

Attached File  Rinku_Iconbar.zip   181.15KB   748 downloads

Rinku, you're a genuis! I was hoping you could add a thing or two to complete it for my Moto Q 9h

1. Can you add a 3G bar indicator
2. Can you add SMS/email indicators
3. can you add a speakerphone indicator

Thanks a ton

the_matrixx

the_matrixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Rinku, you're a genuis! I was hoping you could add a thing or two to complete it for my Moto Q 9h

1. Can you add a 3G bar indicator
2. Can you add SMS/email indicators
3. can you add a speakerphone indicator

Thanks a ton

i'm a little confused. i have sms/email notifications in this and i don't see how useful speakerphone would be since the plug in only works on the home screen so the only way you'd ever see it currently is if you went back to the home screen during a call.

Edited by the_matrixx, 21 February 2008 - 11:36 PM.

lexusondubs

lexusondubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The plugin registers for notification with the OS. Whenever, there is a change it performs the required changes in the icons. Hence it gets activated on a "need" basis. If you have gone through the home screen documentation then you probably know that plugin dlls go through a repeatative process of loading and unloading. There is absolutely no need to keep the plugin active when there are no changes in notifications. I have followed the architecture as described, building up from the template available. So, I do not think the home screen would remain active for a longer time. At this point, I am not sure why your phone is taking a longer time to lock. You might want to search for a registry hack to reduce the autolock timeout time...presently I do not know which registry entry it is. But I am sure someone else has already done that.

is there an easier way to do this ??

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

RinkuD - this is off topic but I don't recall where or if there is a topic in here about your my favs mod. i really like it and am glad someone could finish it. i made figured out the beginning pieces but then got stuck. the question i have is when do the notifications or how do they refresh? i have had a missed call and an unread text message for days now.

I don't think there's a topic in here about it....there is one hidden in AllShadow. The missed call notifications gets removed when you call the contact and actually talk to it (or get to its voicemail). Message notifications are removed when you read the message. The program also runs a clean up (in case it messed up with detection) at 12:00 am every night. I am currently not looking into myfaves anymore...just waiting for the other mod posted in another thread to come out.

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

i'm a little confused. i have sms/email notifications in this and i don't see how useful speakerphone would be since the plug in only works on the home screen so the only way you'd ever see it currently is if you went back to the home screen during a call.

I agree on that. SMS/Email notifications are already included. Now, the notifications are read off from specific registry entries. If you are using it on a different phone, then I cannot be sure that the entries are at the same place as in the Shadow. The iconbar does not extend to all windows, so even I am not sure how the speakerphone would help.

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

is there an easier way to do this ??

Easier way to do....?? if you are talking about the iconbar then I am not sure. I thought registry notifications would be the best approach (with as little overhead on phone memory as possible). Would you mind sharing any ideas that you have?

the dawg

the dawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q 9h

I agree on that. SMS/Email notifications are already included. Now, the notifications are read off from specific registry entries. If you are using it on a different phone, then I cannot be sure that the entries are at the same place as in the Shadow. The iconbar does not extend to all windows, so even I am not sure how the speakerphone would help.

sorry my boo-boo - I missed it, and it's working like a charm - when I get a SMS or email the icon shows up.

The speakerphone is a neat thing to have, cause when I'm shifting between bluetooth and speakerphone (the way volume control works on teh moto Q is messed up, it can end up muting the speakerphone if the volume is 2 low) it's neat to know whether the speakerphone is on or not or if there's a problem with teh volume level.

The 3G again would be neat indication to have.

aksheik

aksheik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q
Hi Rinku,

Can you please post a screen shot of your plugin?

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Hi Rinku,

Can you please post a screen shot of your plugin?

His screenshot is in the his first post and the top post of each page (which shows the first post).

the_matrixx

the_matrixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I don't think there's a topic in here about it....there is one hidden in AllShadow. The missed call notifications gets removed when you call the contact and actually talk to it (or get to its voicemail). Message notifications are removed when you read the message. The program also runs a clean up (in case it messed up with detection) at 12:00 am every night. I am currently not looking into myfaves anymore...just waiting for the other mod posted in another thread to come out.

do you mean the one i started with the MSN Direct topic?

sparky472

sparky472

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I just installed yesterday on my shadow - awesome program, thanks Rinku. ONe problem I am having - my signal bars are all grey, even when I have a good signal. Any ideas? Otherwsie, this is fantastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users