- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

do you mean the one i started with the MSN Direct topic?

I was refering to the other thread on MyFaves http://www.modaco.co...locked/page/60/ . The guy over there says that the interface has been 100% unlocked. I am waiting on that.

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I just installed yesterday on my shadow - awesome program, thanks Rinku. ONe problem I am having - my signal bars are all grey, even when I have a good signal. Any ideas? Otherwsie, this is fantastic.

sparky472, move the phone around...it should come up! Someone else in here noticed that and then reported that it started showing up as soon he took it outside his apartment.

deyanimay

deyanimay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow
Can u add an icon to the iconbar for dialup internet?

Svoms

Svoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash
can someone help me? I can't get it to load on my t-mobile dash, htc excalibur

dblfstr

dblfstr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

rinku, great plugin.

anybody having problems with the home screen failing to redraw when this plugin is installed?

i am using the updated one with the complete icon set, and when i choose the modified home screen, it locks up the home screen, and i have to pull the battery. i can still get into the start menu though, strange.

once i went back to the unmodified plugin, all was well. i also don believe i had this problem with the old plugin, but i didn't keep it very loing since the new one came out so fast.

I had this problem with the screen not redrawing as well. It was amistake on my part, or perhaps a slightly unintuitive change of code. Where is says to replace the part of the code starting with ... I assumed it meant to replace all code that follows. Apparently this was not the case. I have WM6 and the code was slightly different, the section directly below the iconbar code was the background lovation code. I had replace it by accident. When I redid the code and left that part in, only changing the iconbar part, everything worked... Man I didn't even look at the date of this post :roll:

Well that did it for me :D

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Can u add an icon to the iconbar for dialup internet?

I am working on some more notifications....will see if dial up has something on that line. Thanks.

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I have received repreated requests to add more notifications to the iconbar. So, I thought it would be a good idea to address them. Currently I have the following -

1. Network types other than G and E.
2. Messenger
3. Dial up internet

If there's someone who believes there's more that should (and can, given the space limitations) go out there, I would appreciate if you would let me know. Thank you.

I am also becoming skeptical on the issue of the icons being a part of window title bars...somewhat discouraging for me. Days of search did not give me any positive hints, if it is at all possible, less how! If anyone well versed on WM6 architecture is reading this, please do provide some pointers. Your help is much appreciated.

hawaii

hawaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
When using this plugin, I notice after switching my phone to Vibrate to any Profile that will invoke the vibrate icon to be shown, it becomes wildly unstable. I will do some more testing and get back to you.

HuckFinn

HuckFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
For GPS enabled phones a GPS icon would be nice. My Q9h shows a few different GPS icons depending on the status. I also second the need for other network types - 3G and H for the Q9h. Also not sure if this is what was meant by dial-up, but the icon showing that I am tethered would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by HuckFinn, 26 March 2008 - 12:58 AM.

RinkuD

RinkuD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

For GPS enabled phones a GPS icon would be nice. My Q9h shows a few different GPS icons depending on the status. I also second the need for other network types - 3G and H for the Q9h. Also not sure if this is what was meant by dial-up, but the icon showing that I am tethered would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you post a few screenshots showing the different GPS icons and what they mean. I am stuck with a phone with no in-built GPS :D Also, a copy of the Q9 registry would be a great help!

HuckFinn

HuckFinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Here are the GPS icons. The first one is pretty useless, it is just active indicating that an internal GPS is present
Attached File  GPS_Present.jpg   28.06KB   19 downloads
The second icon alternates between these two images. This indicates that the GPS is active and searching for a signal.
Attached File  GPS_Active_Searching.jpg   34.07KB   57 downloads
The last icon also alternates between two images and this indicates that the GPS is active and locked.
Attached File  GPS_Active_Locked.JPG   34.57KB   52 downloads
I would prefer to just have two icons show up, one say GPS for searching and GPS for locked. I really do not need to see an icon to know that I have an internal GPS.

I am willing to send you portions of my registry and or test out any versions you would like.

SirKeats

SirKeats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
is it possible to align this iconbar to the right side of the screen on the a landscape phone when using the portriat orientation (orientation 2)?

i use the orange plugin to display the time and the icon bar on the same line on my dash (landscap 320x240)... so orientation one, which takes up the entire screen width, doesn't work (some of the icons overlap the time display).

i can use orientation 2 which is a portrait orientation, but i need to be able to align it to the right side of the screen. currently it wants to align to the left side of the screen.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks!

yOitsSpyda

yOitsSpyda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Shadow
not trying to sound dumb.. but can someone please explain to me how to install the cab file of this?

thanks

Erlend

Erlend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Shadow
Just came by to say wow. This looks amazing, a really nice add-on. I will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks!

Hawkstone

Hawkstone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack II
I tried installing the Landscape version on my Blackjack II, and it doesn't show up at all. I don't see the registry keys, an I'm not sure how to create them manually.

Is there a cab for the landscape version? If not, can someone please explain how to add the keys?

Thanks

Archangel Sin

Archangel Sin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Juno
I do not know if its just me or maybe I need another type of editor for this but I cannot seem to get it to work on my phone. I used the mobile reg editer by breaksoft and did all that it had said, (or atleast the most that I could understand) and when I did so it did not change..

Is there anything I am missing? I just got this today and despite at the fact that I am very sounding n00bish here I am trying to get everything perfect for when I can fully use it with style tomorrow...

fireburned

fireburned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

There is a bug between Iconbar plugin and Fring plugin, they use the same GUID :
{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}

Could you correct this ?

Bye.

muncheese

muncheese

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

A cab installer for the plugin is available at Freddy Reyes website - http://freddyreyes.c...o...info&id=158

Install it from there and then follow the update instructions. Hope that will do it for you.

I'm getting an error when trying to go this link. Is there a mirror of the .cab file anywhere?

rbrainard

rbrainard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Moto-Q9C
I am unable to get this to work on my Motorola Q9C after following the ReadMe file...

In the registry, I added the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}\InProcServer32

With a Default value of (REG_SZ) = \Windows\iconbarplugin.dll in each.

All files were copied to the \Windows directory and the .xml them file now has the following as the plug-in ID...

When I use this .xml theme file... I get a black icon-bar across the top of my home screen and standard icons in other screens...

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks!

Edited by rbrainard, 04 June 2008 - 06:50 PM.

christoph1176

christoph1176

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am unable to get this to work on my Motorola Q9C after following the ReadMe file...

In the registry, I added the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}\InProcServer32

With a Default value of (REG_SZ) = \Windows\iconbarplugin.dll in each.

All files were copied to the \Windows directory and the .xml them file now has the following as the plug-in ID...

When I use this .xml theme file... I get a black icon-bar across the top of my home screen and standard icons in other screens...

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks!

I just i just installed it on my Q9c, used the install cab and copied over the files for landscape and transparency. works great. doesnt show all of the icons normally on the bar, but i dont know what the missing ones were for anyhow. Well, except for the GPS icon, but i can live without that one. Great work Rinku! Looks good!

Actually, quick question. Does the shadow show a little phone handset while you are in a call? I know my Q did and was just wondering if you decide to make anymore updates, how difficult would it be to add this also? I dont know how to do it otherwise I would do it myself.

Edited by christoph1176, 06 June 2008 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users