T-Mobile now offering free WiFi Hotspot access to Web'n'Walk Plus users

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest madferret

I was in my local Caffe Nero today and had a go at logging into their BT Openzone WiFi with my new T-Mobile account.

No problems at all getting in - now to wait a couple of weeks to see if I'm billed for the time!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest madferret

UPDATE: Checked my bill today and all is looking good!

- £10 charge for WiFi hotspots

- £10 'Allowance' to balance this out

- NO CHARGE for using BT Openzone WiFi

Used the T-Mobile access point at Manchester Airport last week with a laptop and connected first time.

:)

sorry to disappoint Paul, but it clearly says "new" customers in the press release... maybe the way forward is to cancel the w'n'w add-on, then activate it again a month later - this way, you appear as a new customer. but it means spending one month without the facility...having said hat, who needs the wifi thing when one gets 3g and HSDPA (activated by default for w'n'w plus users) with t-mobile?

I can confirm that it IS available to existing customers on the bacis that I have just upgraded to PLUS (£4.25 pm). I asked specifically "Will I have access to the Tmobile hotspots if I upgraded to W&W Plus. The CS chap confirmed it was available to existing customers when upgrading to plus. I had been thinking of upgrading to Plus anyway and this was just the icing on the cake.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

The story that T-Mobile gave me was that existing customers weren't excluded as they thought it would be unfair on existing customers.

I've had it added to my existing WNW Plus package. It shows on the bill to be added and then discounted back off as Madferret says above.

Guest GordonTGopher

I had it added succesfully, then noticed it appeared as a charge when I checked my bill online, phoned back and they have resolved it, £10 charge, £10 credit.

The guy who added it for me last week was reading some sort of internal update notice along the lines of .... to encourage customer loyalty... will provide hotspot access to those who request it...." Obviously the requests & complaints had some effect.

Gordon

Guest MadMatt2002

I had to upgrade from the old "w'n'w" pro, to the new "plus" (£2.00 a month extra), but that'll do me nicely!

Just waiting to check the bill when it arrives!

• 1 month later...
Guest Shuflie

Has anyone tried to get this recently? I've been on to a couple of CS reps and they both insist that the phone version of web 'n' walk plus does not include the free wifi access, the only way to get it with a phone plan is to add the wifi bundle at £10 a month for unlimited access + 300 mins for use abroad.

Guest Monolithix

I haven't used my password yet, but i have got it (through the text method above) and there haven't been any additional charges on my bill! (I'm on a 12 month F35/WnW+)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.