Orange World!

Guest armsy1

Hello everyone.This is confusing me!I upgraded my SPV M3100 the other day to Blsck Satin WM6 and all so far!But here's the question?When I go online to the Orange World website, it's just text based no pictures or icons etc. but other sites have pictures and are ok.I phoned Orange and they couldn't work out what was wrong!! however I told them I only upgraded to there own 5.5 upgrade, cos obviously I would be in trouble and allegedly void my warranty.So does anyone out there in Modaco land know what I can do to get the graphics back?Cheers

Guest Neil5459

This because the Orange World browser extension is built into the original Orange ROM; using a new ROM means the Orange servers don't recognise it as an Orange sourced phone.

You need to install Rabdo's Orange Fix (either the full fix for all connection settings, or just the OrangeWorld fix) available Here

[Edit: You may need to register with 4WM to see the download pages; try it 1st and see!]

Thanks for the fast response!

Tried that eventually got the file from the XDA website, Had to reset my phone before it would work, but now the graphics are there! BUT!!! and it is a big BUT!! I can't send and recieve texts now :) any ideas anyone please help.

Thanks

Guest Neil5459
Thanks for the fast response!

Tried that eventually got the file from the XDA website, Had to reset my phone before it would work, but now the graphics are there! BUT!!! and it is a big BUT!! I can't send and recieve texts now :) any ideas anyone please help.

Thanks

Thats why I pointed to the 4WM site- it has the 'fixed' Rabdo file which doesn't corrupt the SMS. You may need to do a hard reset to get the SMS back, unless you use SK Tools to monitor installations, and put things back as they were. [Edit: A hard reset is NOT needed; just install the updated file! Thanks for the info Rabdo!]

Thats why I pointed to the 4WM site- it has the 'fixed' Rabdo file which doesn't corrupt the SMS. You may need to do a hard reset to get the SMS back, unless you use SK Tools to monitor installations, and put things back as they were.

You wouldn't need to hard reset if you installed my older file - just install the newer one on top of it and your SMS will be fine

ps. I know you got it fixed, just thought I might save others a hard reset

Guest Neil5459
You wouldn't need to hard reset if you installed my older file - just install the newer one on top of it and your SMS will be fine

ps. I know you got it fixed, just thought I might save others a hard reset

Thanks Rabdo- saves any unnecessary hardship! I'll add a comment to the earlier post.

Thanks again for a great utility :)

a big thank you to you both for your help and .cab files.the reason I never got the file from the 4WM website was I was using my phone to access the site and the buttons for registering were too small to see.but a big thank you again as its all sorted now!I just need to think of a lame excuse when orange finally get round to phoning me back