What emulator updates do you wanna see?

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

I'd have to say i choose Doom, it's my favorite classic shooter, and there just hasnt been a perfect window mobile port yet. theres been one that came close, gfDoom, and it was SO close to the final update, then the author just kinda disappeared...really sucks..

actually I'd like to see updates for all of these, so it's all a hard decision, but i still choose doom. :)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
I would pay $50 for a full speed, near perfect SNES emulator for the Dash. I'd also pay more if it also came with GG/AR support.

if i had the choice between SNES or GBA i would use GBA, because there is still GBA games being made today. as for SNES, sadly, nothing...

I like emulators alot, and i will wait as long as i have to... :-P

But for Quake 3 i´d say for now the port is fine, but we need updated PDAs that can finally handle it properly... :)

Personally i am quite please with all those emulators like they are allready, i still would like to see a better working neo geo pocket emulator so i can play card fighters clash on the go... hehe

The one that is working so far dislikes this game unfortunately, and its my all time fave.

I wonder if they could Port the great working RACE for GP2X to Windows Mobile...

what a stupid question is this: " what emu update would i see" LOL.

EVERY update is like glass of water for thirsty one. imo.

-----------------

emus, that do not need updates:

- castce,

- pocketatari( besides JOY CONFIG!!! ).

i do not need fockin gba.

Edited by nothin

Guest dijital

- castce,

Castce doesn't need an update?

This is a smartphone forum, CastCE dosen't work run on smartphones, so id say it needs a massive update :)

Edited by dijital

Guest mikeeey
Personally i am quite please with all those emulators like they are allready, i still would like to see a better working neo geo pocket emulator so i can play card fighters clash on the go... hehe

so it sounds like you would like to see a finalburn update then?

what a stupid question is this: " what emu update would i see" LOL.

EVERY update is like glass of water for thirsty one. imo.

-----------------

- castce,

why wouldnt you want a gba emulator nothin?

so it sounds like you would like to see a finalburn update then?

why wouldnt you want a gba emulator nothin?

hum.. i did not find any interesting game in 2500 titles so far(well...almost any :).

ahh, damn i need fpsce update :D

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
hum.. i did not find any interesting game in 2500 titles so far(well...almost any :).

ahh, damn i need fpsce update :D

theres mario and zelda, lol.

yea there was supposed to be a fpsece update before christmas, but it hasnt came yet, hopefully very soon, we just have to keep waiting.

Nope, NeoGeo Pocket was a Handheld made by SNK, and has nothin to do with the NeoGeo itself basically.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_Pocket_Color

More like an "answer" to the allmighty Gameboy Color... :-)

http://www.pocketplayers.info/Joomla/index...mp;id=1000#1000

looks like there isnt many games for it? or is that just a small list there on wikipedia?

Guest Menneisyys
theres mario and zelda, lol.

yea there was supposed to be a fpsece update before christmas, but it hasnt came yet, hopefully very soon, we just have to keep waiting.

There was a small update Ive also reported on - however, the BIG, 0.10 jump is still to be achieved.

looks like there isnt many games for it (Neogeo pocket)? or is that just a small list there on wikipedia?

Yup, far fewer games than for the NeoGeo. See my related review - I've reviewed all the NGP emulators, also Smartphone-wise.

Guest jaikben

were is the update....

I want a Sega cd emu, fmv games have simple controls perfect for ppc/sp.

There was a small update Ive also reported on - however, the BIG, 0.10 jump is still to be achieved.

Yup, far fewer games than for the NeoGeo. See my related review - I've reviewed all the NGP emulators, also Smartphone-wise.

looks like there isnt many games for it? or is that just a small list there on wikipedia?

No it didint see alot of games, and alot of games were much better on the neogeo of course, but card fighters clash capcom and snk versions are great TGC Games, pluse some nice little RPGs that dont exist on the big brother NeoGeo...

I want a Sega cd emu, fmv games have simple controls perfect for ppc/sp.

Sorry for doubleposting, didnt see that earlier... :-)

There is an awesome Sega CD Emulator for the GP2X available that runs nearly all games at fullspeed with sound on 2x 200 Mhz... Where are Porters when you need them? *hehe*

I'd like to see an update of the Rise of the Triad port. This has always been one of my all-time favourites. 3DRealms (Apogee) rulez! :)

Generally I'd really love to see a capable DOS emulator. DOS has always been my way of entertaining myself since I got into computers and stuff. And I think the sheer number and variety of games for DOS can please almost any fan.

Guest mikeeey
I'd like to see an update of the Rise of the Triad port. This has always been one of my all-time favourites. 3DRealms (Apogee) rulez! :)

Generally I'd really love to see a capable DOS emulator. DOS has always been my way of entertaining myself since I got into computers and stuff. And I think the sheer number and variety of games for DOS can please almost any fan.

i actually did have a lot of fun seeing what could run and what could. the problem was on my kaiser it was too slow.

im sure youve used n0p's port right?

I miss a lot of great emulation from Symbian S60, I wish there were more emulators for windows mobile...

First I'd like to see a decent Commodore 64 emulatior for wm standard. Yea I know we have Pockethobbit SP 2003, I use the hacked qvga version with my Vox but it's not very good imo. I've been a symbian (S60) user for years and Frodo for S60 is miles better... It has an option to streck the image to completely fill the whole screen and both speed and sound is amazing in the S60 port of frodo.

I'm actually a bit disappointed in wm emulation scene overall... I know there are some better emulators for the PPC but why in the world isn't there a good GBA emulator for wm smartphone either? I had a Nokia N73 which runs only @ 220 mhz or so and it ran the GBA games beautifully fullscreen at blazing speeds with Vbag.

I miss a lot of great emulation from Symbian S60, I wish there were more emulators for windows mobile...

Problem is for one that the emulation scene is not as big as on other devices it seems, and of course alot of people love to use them, but dont donate...

My pals at PocketPlayers Reloaded had the idea once to ask people to donate 1,50 $ (Since that must be something around 1 Euro) into a PayPal Account and then make a contest for emulation only. Sounds like an idea. when ALOT of people take part even only 1,50$ from each can build a big pricemoney, and if the emulator you prefer most does not win... you lost just 1.50$

Guest mikeeey
Problem is for one that the emulation scene is not as big as on other devices it seems, and of course alot of people love to use them, but dont donate...

My pals at PocketPlayers Reloaded had the idea once to ask people to donate 1,50 $ (Since that must be something around 1 Euro) into a PayPal Account and then make a contest for emulation only. Sounds like an idea. when ALOT of people take part even only 1,50$ from each can build a big pricemoney, and if the emulator you prefer most does not win... you lost just 1.50$

that sounds like a pretty cool idea. i wish there were more porters and developers here on the forum.

nokia is one of hte biggest devices im not sure why...you would think windows mobile would be much easier. probably cuz nokia was around longer?

Guest jaikben

well the maker of picodrive for gp2x and gizmondo only wants the port the emu ( with sega cd ) if somebody donates him a ppc /sp. somebody got one left lol

Guest mikeeey

normally i dont donate (say if an emulator is already out). but if there's someone out there who is willing to port, and taking donations, i think i would. for example...if bitbank added GBA and or SNES support i would definatly donate to that. im going to contact him about maybe starting a fund raiser if he can do it.