stupid LED question

Guest spanker

Guest spanker

Hi,

I noticed something tonight that Ive never noticed before and that is:- The windows button, OK button and the 2 soft keys on the front of my phone (orange spv m3100) *look like* they should have LED's behind them but I have never noticed them ever being on... do these buttons really have lights and when do-they / are-they-supposed-to, turn on ?

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Guest pd.ryder

There's a takey-aparty step-by-step tutorial somewhere -- I'm sure that thread would soon clear this up for you?

A quick search should find it...

I've never noticed any hint of an LED for the buttons you mention. The red / green phone keys only 'light up' because they're translucent and back-lit, so if enough of the paint / plastic were scraped away with a fine point scalpel the same back light would have them glowing too. I'm not sure the finish would be too pleasing once the buttons had been 'modified' in this way though :)

:D

Guest spanker
those keys look painted to me, mine don't light up. The green & red phone buttons do but not the others.

Hi tasman, yeh my phone keys light up as normal, its just that the others look the same but Ive never noticed any LED action under them and wondered if they did have lights under. They are probably just made to look the same but have no LEDs.......................