• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Blain

Blain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash
I am new to this forum and to WM6 devices. How can I install the .cab files without an installer? After downloading, I get a bunch of files but no installer. Where do I copy the file into and should I copy the whole thing plus folder? Please help me - I am a begging beginner....

Loconinja

Loconinja

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Author of Mobile Signal Widget.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2, Omnia 7
  • Twitter:@alexroebuck
CAB files are (usually) native Windows Mobile installers (i.e. you run it on your device, not on your PC). Copy the CAB file to somewhere on your device (I recommend the StorageCard). Then, on your device, navigate to the CAB file using File Explorer and tap it. That's it. Follow the prompts and it will install on your device. Once installed, you don't need the CAB file anymore (except to reinstall) so you can delete it.

Blain

Blain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash
Thanks I will try this.

malfarache1

malfarache1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC S621

CAB files are (usually) native Windows Mobile installers (i.e. you run it on your device, not on your PC). Copy the CAB file to somewhere on your device (I recommend the StorageCard). Then, on your device, navigate to the CAB file using File Explorer and tap it. That's it. Follow the prompts and it will install on your device. Once installed, you don't need the CAB file anymore (except to reinstall) so you can delete it.

I have had my S621 for about a year and installed AmpTweaks and regEdit from .cab files, but now that I'm trying Google Earth as a cab file on the storage card with the others, I get no response. What might have happened? Thanks all...

FU2B

FU2B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Check my YOUTUBE page out for answers! :)

"YES WE CAN MOFO"
Own-
Apple Iphone 3G 3.0.1 FW jailbroken and unlocked !
Apple Ipod Touch 1G - Jailbroken
Tmobile Dash- HTC Excalibur- (latest WM 6.5) Tweaked alot =]
DASH possibilities are limitless.
Check my page out-
http://www.youtube.c...r/GABEANDSHELLY
My Wallpaper Collection- 2 pages
http://forum.brighth...ad.php?t=263060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users