use shadow as a remote

Guest sweetypie12

Guest sweetypie12

i see the settings in

Start>Settings>Phone>Channel

but it doesn't seem to be working do i really have to program it? im looking for a different way

because

my remote for my satellite tv is spoiled i have to wait 10 seconds to press button and it can only enter in 1 number (1-9) and im getting a new remote that's the 2nd one i bought…its bogus

so

i want a free and easy way to make it possible

Edited by sweetypie12

Guest badbob001

The 'channel' option is something related to the phone system and not television channels. The shadow doesn't have an IR transmitter so there is no way you can use it to replace an IR remote. Many remotes that come with TVs, VCRs, and DVD players are multifunction so check if you can use those to control your satellite box. But I say it's best to just spend the $10 on ebay for a replacement remote.

Guest sweetypie12

i didn't know there were gonna be little boys replying after i already forgot about this post. by the way my friend has a nextel phone that he uses as a remote and wondering if this phone was high tech enough to do so.

so the immature comments were unnecessary.

she (or idiotic guy) has a point guys.

well in that case no, the shadow doesnt have IR. (which is strange because it can beam lol. it would of been nice if it had IR beaming like the first sidekick)

but yeah, its 100% impossible unless soldered on, and software programmed for it.