The update, which includes a number of enhancements and fixes, is available to download from this page, with further information available here.
From the site...
Has to be worth having right?
Do you need this update
To find the Handheld Software version:
1. From the Home Screen, press “Start”.
2. Select “Settings”.
3. Continue selecting the “More” option until you see “Device Information”
4. Select “Device Information”.
5. Check the ROM version. If your device software version is not 1.11.531.5, then please download the most recent software version and follow the upgrade instructions.
This software release includes:
- Five free ring tones from popular movies and musicians.
- Two free full length songs.
- An assortment of free phone wall paper images.
- Audio Postcard, a fun new myFaves connecting experience.
- Enhanced myFaves and menu graphics.
- Improved text entry experience.
More specifically the 2 free songs are 'Ants Marching' by the Dave Matthews Band, and 'Girlfriend' by Avril Lavigne (take what you will re: the device target market from those!). Shadow site 'allshadow' also has some additional lowdown on what exactly is updated in the update OS wise...
So well worth having for the ridiculous alarm bug and the close-to-hangup change!
- users can now hide the Setup E-mail plug-in from the home screen.
Once the user has setup their desired E-mail account(s), they can hide the Setup E-mail plug in with one easy click.
- the comm manager and web browser graphics have been remodeled.
- Large E (Edge) icon in the middle of the top of the phone has been removed.
There are currently 2 Edge or GPRS indicators on the device. One in the middle of the top of the screen and one next to the signal bars. The indicator in the middle of the top of the device has been removed. The device will still show the user when they are connected to Edge, or GPRS, but there will only be one indicator next to the signal bars.
- When the Media Player is being used, and the user presses the End key while on the homescreen, the song that is playing will pause.
- The multiple alarm issue is fixed. When users set an alarm for one specific time, and then another for a different time, the device will no longer go off at both times or any time for previous set alarms.
- Negative SMS/MMS indicator is fixed. At random there was an issue with software 1.03.531.4, where the message indicator would show a negative number instead of a positive number when a new message was received.
- The device will now hang up an active call when the slider is closed. When the user has completed an active call they can simply slide the device closed to hang up the call.[
[Edited by Paul (MVP) for news, thanks for the post!]