• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SWEET GT

SWEET GT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Juno
I was streaming a local radio station..and noticed that when I stopped the stream, a few alerts/voice mails came in.

So I did some testing and called my phone while streaming audio, and my phone never rings, after 2 rings it goes straight to voice mail.

Is there anyway around this? I dont want to miss calls while streaming audio. Im not sure if the call doesnt come through because of bandwidth issues or what..but was rather suprised when I tested and noticed it never ringing.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Any solutions?

badbob001

badbob001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
It's common for a GSM phone to not be able to receive a voice call when data is actively transferring. While the GSM network itself allows for voice to interrupt data, it requires a voodoo mix of the right network, phone, and a little luck. Perhaps 3G may solve this, but I'm not sure.

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile: Shadow; Dash; SDA
That's what happens when you stream via EDGE -- not an issue if you're streaming with WiFi. No way around it :)

I was streaming a local radio station..and noticed that when I stopped the stream, a few alerts/voice mails came in.

So I did some testing and called my phone while streaming audio, and my phone never rings, after 2 rings it goes straight to voice mail.

Is there anyway around this? I dont want to miss calls while streaming audio. Im not sure if the call doesnt come through because of bandwidth issues or what..but was rather suprised when I tested and noticed it never ringing.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Any solutions?

nooooooo

nooooooo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:shadow
What happen to the good ol' days when you would have dial up ISP, that would boot you off the internet when someone called, ahhh the good ol' days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users