Xda Stellar

Guest sand_danser

Guest sand_danser

Hi, this is my first post here after poking around a bit & reading up :D

I've just started my own business & not had any real time to read the manual for this cracking pocket PC which has lead me into bother with my bill. I'm on the business 400 tarrfiff (summit like that anyway) where I pay £35 per month & I've just got my 1st bill in for a whopping £125 :D Apparently my GPRS has been open & on for long periods of time causing a data connection & these excessive charges. I have accessed the internet from the phone just to test it etc. but haven't d/l anything except my business e-mails which were set to connect every hour (now set to manual).

I e-mailed 02 who very kindly explained that my charges were right but as a goodwill gesture they've given me £50 back. That was nice of them but after they told me I can leave the GPRS connected without charge, I got up this morning to find a data connection on which probably means I'll be getting charged :)

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please to stop my charges getting out of hand?

PS: has anyone else got a stellar & is there a forum for it?

Guest Confucious

Modaco (Mobiholics sister site) is specifically for Windws Mobile devices. Do you have any other Apps installed that could be connecting and updating? There is an app called nodata which can turn your data connection off when you are not using it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sand_danser

thanks for the reply confucious, I've disabled my e-mails, haven't set up the blackberry thing, have installed Tom Tom but am frightened to use it, LOL. So far so good as only £4.86 on the meter this month from dodgy conns.

I've been on the Modaco site & there's some gr8 info there, thanks again.

Guest Confucious

TomTom doesn't use data at all so you can use that without fear.

The nodata cab would close your data connection so you couldn't use it.

Best of all would just be to Change to T-Mobile then you wouldn't have to worry about data costs!

Guest Confucious

I never new O2 had that!

Unlimited Web Bolt On

Offers unlimited web browsing on your mobile in the UK.

Any idea what it includes? email? FUP? downloads? Use as Modem? Skype? etc - or is it purely browsing?

Guest Appetite4
I never new O2 had that!

Any idea what it includes? email? FUP? downloads? Use as Modem? Skype? etc - or is it purely browsing?

Beware though - O2 policy currently limits Consumer tariffs to @120kbps. HSDPA is only available on the Business tarriffs (so sand_danser will be OK).

O2 Data Bolt On Terms

1. The Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use of O2 UK's Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:

* in, or connected to, any other device including modems;

* to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or

* in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers

If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.