Photo

T-Mobile Touch Plus - Where is the Windows Live?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

latvianmidget

latvianmidget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:iMate Jam
Just taken delivery of a Touch Plus for my upgrade (having decided it would be nice to have something slightly smaller than the brick that was the Vario ii!) and am very disappointed to find T-Mobile seem to have removed Windows Live from WM6!

This is a real pain in the backside as I use the pseudo push email on Hotmail a lot. I have had a dig round to try and find a download but no joy so far, does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks!

gavboy

gavboy

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Have a look on XDA developers

latvianmidget

latvianmidget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Have a look on XDA developers

Many thanks for the suggestion, had a look and do have a downloaded cab file, in fact found 2. Sadly neither of them work!

First one sends the phone into a reset cycle you can only stop by taking the sim out and the jasjamming build won't install (keeps coming up with "Installation Unsuccessful"). Anyone got any ideas?

latvianmidget

latvianmidget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Actually ignore me, have managed to sort it (after much swearing).

In case anyone else finds it useful best to get the download from this page:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=334621

Which also has lots of handy tips!

Thumper Net

Thumper Net

The artist formerly known as Peekie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts
A while ago orange removed windows live from their phones as are t mobile , probable reason is the future chance of a charge for the service on the phone , ( it not been ruled out ) also it can be that t mobile will block messenger as they do in holland in the uk , seems the wnw is not so good anymore well here its not with wifi spots now removed from wnw holland , it was only a con to get users to sign up to the service, remember the netowrk is only there for one thing and its not for you its for your money :)

gadget freek , rabbit mad english guy trapped in Holland

mechamonkey

mechamonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks so much for this post, I've been looking for that for a couple of weeks !

Was very annoying having gmail, my own domain etc mails on tap but having to use the god awful Live web interface

Edited by mechamonkey, 21 February 2008 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users