Lock device button on Today screen

Guest oddjob2

Guest oddjob2

I've had my T-Mobile Touch plus for about a week now and am very happy with it. One thing I would like to have is the ability to lock the device on the today screen without having to go through any menus. On my Vario II there was a lock device button permanently on the today screen above the task etc. On the Touch you need to go into a quick list. I know that you can set the red hard button to lock the device but I prefer to use this is terminate data. Can anyone tell me how to put a lock device button permanintly on the today screen. Cheers

Try the SlideActions programme at http://puna.net.nz/wm6/ which amongst other things lets you lock the phone by closing the slider. It also lets you disconnect calls by closing the slider.

You can also add the lock function to the launcher on the home screen - I have an HTC device, but I assume the T-mob version has a similar today screen.

Guest nevawlkalone
I've had my T-Mobile Touch plus for about a week now and am very happy with it. One thing I would like to have is the ability to lock the device on the today screen without having to go through any menus. On my Vario II there was a lock device button permanently on the today screen above the task etc. On the Touch you need to go into a quick list. I know that you can set the red hard button to lock the device but I prefer to use this is terminate data. Can anyone tell me how to put a lock device button permanintly on the today screen. Cheers

start>settings>today screen> items> lock device

Removed... didn't read the above properly.

Edited by tomesy

Guest oddjob2

Thanks for the advice. I don't like the idea of using the slide action as I have found mself often opening and closing it during use, whilst looking on the net for example. I also explained why I didn't want to use the red hard key as I use that for terminating data calls. I thought that there should be an option in the today screen settings was mentioned but it's not availble on the T-mobile build. start>settings>today screen> items> lock device

Is there anyway of adding it?

Guest nevawlkalone
Thanks for the advice. I don't like the idea of using the slide action as I have found mself often opening and closing it during use, whilst looking on the net for example. I also explained why I didn't want to use the red hard key as I use that for terminating data calls. I thought that there should be an option in the today screen settings was mentioned but it's not availble on the T-mobile build. start>settings>today screen> items> lock device

Is there anyway of adding it?

Thats weird, i have it on my vario 3 (tmob device)

Guest oddjob2
On my Touch Plus on T-Mob too.

That is strange then that I don't have it as an option on mine. Do you think it is worth restoring to factory settings or do you have details on what build it is or anything that might explain why it doesn't appear on my touch plus?

Guest nevawlkalone
That is strange then that I don't have it as an option on mine. Do you think it is worth restoring to factory settings or do you have details on what build it is or anything that might explain why it doesn't appear on my touch plus?

Worth a try if you have nothing to lose (texts apps etc) strange that you have a t-mob build and no locking feature and cdrider does.

CD am i pointing oddjob to the right place for the lock option...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laser_iCE
Worth a try if you have nothing to lose (texts apps etc) strange that you have a t-mob build and no locking feature and cdrider does.

CD am i pointing oddjob to the right place for the lock option...?

I have the HTC Touch Dual 850 and it's not an option in mine, either. You can set the hang up key to do the same thing, which I've done. Check it out in Settings \ System \ Long Press End Key.

I've just tried the CAB downloadable from the bottom of the first post in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=261277 on my Touch Plus and it seems to work fine, despite the latter posts in the thread saying people had issues with the Touch.

It basically invokes the device lock on wake up, so assuming you've got the device setup to disable all hardware keys when it's powered off then when it wakes up (either manually or sms etc) this will kick in and activate the screen lock (I'm sure there is probably a slight delay, but it's a fraction of a second and could be because of the re-draw). Phone calls and alarms can be answered/dismissed without needing to disable the lock as usual.

The only slight odd behaviour I've had is when using the wired remote headset, sometimes the commands from the remote seemed to disable the lock and sometimes not, but quite why the remote has to wake the device up and bring the app to the front to perform its actions is a bit of a mystery to me.