HTC Touch Dual 'c to a' Fix!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
touchdualopen.png
If (like my better half) you have a HTC Touch Dual 12 key, then you've probably come across the REALLY annoying bug whereby when you press the button to get an 'a', it bizarrely defaults to a 'c'. And then, you input the 'a' a few times to teach it to use that instead of a 'c', and in no time it forgets it again. DOH!

Well, help is at hand in the form of the 'MoDaCo Touch Dual 'c to a' fix' :) As the name suggests, installing this tiny little CAB onto your device will resolve this issue, and you'll be sending messages that now make sense to people in no time. Hurrah!

Enjoy, and post here how it works out for you!

P

MoDaCo_Touch_Dual__c_to_a__Fix.CAB

Guest Paul (MVP)

A bit of mooching around in the windows directory revealed a text file that seems to be imported into the dictionary at startup. A few tweaks to that and hey presto :)

P

Fantastic works perfectly in SMS and emails on my t mobile touch plus.

Thanks Paul (and thanks to the missus may she get you to fix any other bugs she has found too hehe)

Edited by Guest

Guest mcoquet

Thanks paul, just 2 things :

1) does it fix anything for a 20-key keyboard ?

2) if not, where is the text file in \windows please ? that way i could finally tweak my french touch dual which constantly mistakes my 20-key azerty keyboard for a qwerty one...

Guest Paul (MVP)

1) No...

2) The text file won't help you if that's the case, you have the wrong keyboard map file. Are you running an AZERTY with a QWERTY ROM or something?

P

Guest mcoquet
1) No...

2) The text file won't help you if that's the case, you have the wrong keyboard map file. Are you running an AZERTY with a QWERTY ROM or something?

P

too bad :-( i'm running an operator branded phone (SFR, France) with a French ROM. touch keyboards are fine, but hardware kb is in qwerty for some reason (though the physical layout is azerty)

Guest mcoquet
So it ships from the Operator that way? :D

P

for some reason, yes... :) i called tech support and they told me it's a "known bug" <_< , fix due out sometime soon ! anyway I only use my on-screen kb so i don't really care in the end :D .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.