PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,217 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
It should work in any store worldwide i'm told.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

micaels

micaels

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:PDA, Phones, Computers.
  • Devices:Motorola Q9h
Cool. Definatly looking forward to the email when it arrives. might be happy smartflip owner soon!

Current mobile devices: IPOD Classic 160GB, HTC Advantage, Nokia E61i, Motorola Q9h, Nokia N95 8GB, HP IPAQ 614
Laptop: HP Pavilion 6275ea
Acessories: Huawei E220, Novatell Wireless XU870 and X950D express cards.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
So Expansys delivered the replacement Smartflip (for my 8500 that had no sound from the internal speaker) at 3.55pm - by 4.30pm its flashed with WM6 and syncing ota with my exchange server... and feeling very small in my pocket!

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

mcwarre

mcwarre

I've always wanted to explore the Pacific rim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Devices:Samsung: Galaxy S2 & Tab 10.1

So Expansys delivered the replacement Smartflip (for my 8500 that had no sound from the internal speaker) at 3.55pm - by 4.30pm its flashed with WM6 and syncing ota with my exchange server... and feeling very small in my pocket!

Jimbouk

I followed the directions on http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=292068 but when I run pdocread.exe all I get is a cmd line flash up and it asked to install on my device. Did it but got no idea of the uniqueid so I can't go further. HELP!!!

"Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed."

Booker T. Washington

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil

No but the other end is a standard USB, so you can use that to charge with a USB MAins plug (such as an Ipod charger).

Never thought of that - my excuse is that my iPod came with an american charger so I never used it - I'm not really thick....

Please - not too many replies to the contrary.....

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Jimbouk

I followed the directions on http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=292068 but when I run pdocread.exe all I get is a cmd line flash up and it asked to install on my device. Did it but got no idea of the uniqueid so I can't go further. HELP!!!

I would guess that you haven't changed the reg keys that you need to for it to successfully app unlock.

You need to do this bit

Then the rest is in the readme for the WM6 rom (the clean version is the one I used)

(run SSA_Applicationunlock, then copy across the spl/jumspl files to the device and then run spl and then run the ruu updater)

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Never thought of that - my excuse is that my iPod came with an american charger so I never used it - I'm not really thick....

Please - not too many replies to the contrary.....

Lovely weather for the time of year.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Jimbouk

You have to run it from a cmd prompt then it returns your unique ID (provided, of course, that you are running the old version and not the new one that won't run without arguments....)

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
Oh yeah - that bit too ^^^^^^^^^

(Although I didnt need to run pdocread on either the qtek or the smartflip - after running SDApplicationunlock, I was able to install spl and then flash the rom)

mcwarre

mcwarre

I've always wanted to explore the Pacific rim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Devices:Samsung: Galaxy S2 & Tab 10.1
Tried all that. Gave up :D

I have an old version of TT5 for SP. Can't get it to run (installs ok) but when run for first time it goes into setup and selects labguage but he says 'incompatible with your device'. Anyone having any luck???

"Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed."

Booker T. Washington

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Oh yeah - that bit too ^^^^^^^^^
(Although I didnt need to run pdocread on either the qtek or the smartflip - after running SDApplicationunlock, I was able to install spl and then flash the rom)

Interesting - SDApplicationunlock didn't work on my qtek (maybe it's because it's pink) so I had to do the full works - and had to ask many questions before I got it right....

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Tried all that. Gave up :(

I have an old version of TT5 for SP. Can't get it to run (installs ok) but when run for first time it goes into setup and selects labguage but he says 'incompatible with your device'. Anyone having any luck???

Are you using itsutl050628.zip? the later version doesn't work.

no idea about TT - dump it and get CP7 :D

rameses

rameses

Kaiser Chief (not!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3

Tried all that. Gave up :D

I got the same error as you. Not that that's any help though.

Goodbye WinMo! Hello Android :o - It's about time I updated this!

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Interesting - SDApplicationunlock didn't work on my qtek (maybe it's because it's pink) so I had to do the full works - and had to ask many questions before I got it right....

It didnt work on mine till I had changed the three security policies' values. I have now bought three of these and set the others up for clients who wanted a cheap sim free smartphone with exchange syncing.

Now I am off to use my expansys discount voucher on spare microsd cards as i think i will be swapping between the devices quite a lot.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Ah! I changed/added all the reg values manually so I think that's why I didn't need it.
Expansys discount voucher? I didn't actually read what came with the phone - did you get a voucher with it? Was it worth it? I just bought a 2Gb card dor under £12 from Moby -.

rameses

rameses

Kaiser Chief (not!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I got a voucher for £10 off if more than £20 is spent. I've just spied some 4gb micro sd cards for £15 so I might get a couple of those :D :(

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
Yep a tenner off over £20. So lots of microSD for me and my clients.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

I got a voucher for £10 off if more than £20 is spent. I've just spied some 4gb micro sd cards for £15 so I might get a couple of those :D :(

Except the 8500 can only use upto 2Gb (at the moment) or so I believe....

Does the £10 discount Paul has negotiated for MoDaCo members have a minimum spend?

rameses

rameses

Kaiser Chief (not!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Except the 8500 can only use upto 2Gb (at the moment) or so I believe....

Does the £10 discount Paul has negotiated for MoDaCo members have a minimum spend?

In response to the points in your post:

Arse and £25 respectively :D

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
Yep - afraid that sdhc support doesnt exist for smartglip/8500 yet.

There's 2gb microsd cards there from £6.95 though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users