ROM: TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21 WinMo 6.1 - VF ROM / Radio, HTC OEM + CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest TheLoanRanger

New version online here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/htc-kaiser-k...ed-cf-3-5-more/

FINALLY I see we can post ROMs here (see here) :D :)

Introducing... the ultimate Kaiser experience...

TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21

What's In:

• Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 build 5.2.19199
  • Vodafone Core (newest)
  • Vodafone Radio (newest)
  • HTC OEM (best)
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • .net Compact Framework 3.5
  • Modaco Splash Screen
  • 32MB PagePool
    • .net Compact Framework 2.0 (3.5 is backwards compatible)

How to install
      • Install HardSPL on your device from here
      • Ensure the device is hooked up and ActiveSync is showing 'green'
      • Run this EXE to flash your device

Optional (but recommended) post install additions

• HTC 10 Key Comm Manager - a great Comm Manager that gives you everything you need at your fingertips (CAB) - Click Here
        • HTC Camera 5.04 + Album - updated and much improved Camera and Album applications (CAB) - Click Here
        • HTC Equalizer - adds a menu to Settings >> System that is a graphic equalizer for use with your headphones - Click Here
        • HTC Home Settings - adds a menu to Settings >> Today that lets you turn on / off individual tabs on the HTC Home screen - Click Here
        • HTC Large Start Menu - finger friendly usability for the Start menu - Click Here
        • HTC Large Title Bar - finger friendly usability for the title bar - Click Here
        • HTC Network Plugin - adds an menu to Settings >> Connections for setting up drive mappings - Click Here
        • HTC Phone Pad - the original (much loved) T9 input method - Click Here
        • HTC Random Acccess - finger friendly usability for the contacts application - Click Here
        • HTC RSSHub - straightforward and effective RSS reader - Click Here
        • HTC Voice Recorder - Voice Recorder application - Click Here
        • PHM Soft Reset - a handy tool to allow you to Soft Reset from the Start Menu - Click Here

Original style Operator themes

[*]T-Mobile UK Grey Squares Theme - as it says, install CAB and select in Settings >> Today (CAB) - Click Here

Fixed and Tweaks

[*]AT&T Tilt Keyboard Fix - install this CAB and reboot, and your keyboard will be configured correctly for the AT&T Layout - Click Here

[*]No Threaded SMS - for those who don't like the new threaded SMS - Click Here

Edited by TheLoanRanger

Guest TheLoanRanger

Included:

• Threaded SMS text messages
  • Speedier, faster, quicker - however you put it, WM6.1 should work better
  • Internet Explorer now lets you define a homepage, and also zoom in and out using a nice and clean interface
  • Microsoft Officeincludes One Note
  • Domain Enroll in Settings (Enrolling in a domain will connect your device with company resources.)
  • Change Master Security Code
  • Added text input settings
  • Recent Programs when pressing Start menu
  • New “getting started” application to ease new users into the setup process
  • Improved Task Manager

Hmm, tempted to try it. I have become a little addicted to ROM flashing recently and yours seems to get reasonable feedback on xda devs.

One problem I have with a lot of roms on xda is that there is always something that has been changed that I don't like, e.g. the task manager is changed when the original one was fine for me. This one looks nice and simple so i could easily install what I want. If you could make it user customisation capable, this could make me even more tempted!!

Wow, this sounds mighty tempting. Bah, I'm not sure I can be bothered to re-install all my stuff...

You can use sprite backup to go between ROMs can't we. Is that possible going from 6 to 6.1?

Edited by lozzd

Wow, this sounds mighty tempting. Bah, I'm not sure I can be bothered to re-install all my stuff...

You can use sprite backup to go between ROMs can't we. Is that possible going from 6 to 6.1?

You might want to check as I think I remember reading on xda that it doesn't work between different versions of WM. I might be wrong though

For restoring stuff like contacts, text messages, etc., I use PPCPimBackup which if I remember correctly is freeware and works between versions

For restoring apps via cabs etc., UC is great which is why it would be good if it was added to this rom :)

It can also restore settings such as registry entries which is what I am trying to get my head around at the moment!

Edited by dave_a

Bah. But part of me thinks its good to start afresh. I would like to keep my text messages though, so thanks for the PPCPimBackup suggestion. I might well give this a go next week if it turns out to be a lot better than the WM6 ROM. Someone else with a Vario III try it please :)

Guest Subliminal Aura

How do I find out what size the pagepool is on my ROM ?

Is it possible to have a pagepool larger than 32meg (wonders if it would be of any use anyway)

Cheers

Oh well, I bit the bullet and did the upgrade - mildly traumatic but my heart rate has settled again.

I like the look of WinMo 6.1 so far.....! I'll post back if I end up regretting it!!

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

2 questions, since I've never really flashed a PPC before.

1. This will wipe out my contacts and added programs right? So I will have to reinstallal Camera Aware ect right?

2. Does this Rom include World card mobile, & Tom Tom teaser that HTC has? I dont use TomTom but World card is somewhat useful for me.

Thanks

2 questions, since I've never really flashed a PPC before.

1. This will wipe out my contacts and added programs right?

2. Does this Rom include World card mobile, & Tom Tom teaser that HTC has? I dont use TomTom but World card is somewhat useful for me.

1 - Yes, it wipes everything. In some ways this is good, nothing like a fresh start - maybe I didn't really need all those extra programs!

2 - World Card is included, this is new to me so will have to try it out. No Tom Tom teaser, but I will be reloading TT6 anyway.

Regds

Chris