T-Mobile DASH gprs/edge internet via proxy

Guest bigxsig

Guest bigxsig

OK, well I'm positive that I don't have the 29.99 Internet plan, nor the 5.99 T-Zones web plan, but I entered in these settings,

WINDOWS MOBILE 6 INTERNET SETTINGS!

ok first of all both of you guys that posted settings, they will work for the older versions. Good job for that cuz of the million tmobile phones I used that on!

Here are the settings for WM6

settings

connections

gprs

edit the existing T-Mobile Data with the following

connects to: wap network

access point: wap.voicestream.com

username and passwork: (leave blank)

authentication type: none

primary dns: 216.155.165.50

secondaty dns: 0.0.0.0

ip address: (leave blank)

now go back to connections menu

select gprs

select New...

name: tmobile gprs

connects to: wap network

access point: wap.voicestream.com

user name and password: (leave blank)

authentication type: none

primary dns: 216.155.165.50

secondary dns: 0.0.0.0

ip address: (leave blank)

now go to proxy from the connections menu

add new proxy

name: tmobile proxy

connects from: wap network

connects to: the internet

proxy (name:port): 216.155.165.50:8080

type: HTTP

username and password: (leave blank)

now go back to the connections menu

click menu

select advanced

set all connections to automatic

now open IE

click menu

select tools

select options

select connections

check automatically detect settings

select network: wap network

I know you shouldnt need to GPRS accounts but for some reason on certain WM6 phones it ONLY works with both, doesnt matter if you have one or the other it wont work unless you have both (on certain phones), mine as well just put it all in, wont hurt anyway :D

ne people with comments on this reply back, id like to hear how its workin for all you out there!

P.S., this was all tested on 4 different t-mobile dash phones

and then when I used my Internet Explorer, I was connected to the internet. I had wifi turned off so it wasn't that, and my phone wasn't connected via usb. Is the 5.99 T-zones web plan the one that lets you have T-zones in general? Like to download ringtones or wallpaper and stuff because I have that, but Idk about the T-mobile web. And does putting in those settings automatically give you the plan or something and now I have 5.99 put on my bill, or will i all of a sudden have a huge $$ on my bill at the end of the month? Please reply!

Guest Log1k

To my knowledge, the T-Mobile T-zones plan (5.99) is meant only to be used for downloading ringtones and wallpapers and such, but it can be hacked to access the internet with certain phones. I was able to change the proxy settings on my Dash to gain access to the internet without having to pay $19.99 a month and currently have the $5.99 plan. It isn't hard to do, and you can find tons of websites that offer how to do it (http://www.htcwiki.com/page/The+Dash+FAQ) yet unless you're completely broke like me i dont recommend the use of this method. The internet based off the t-zone proxy is limited, because T-mobile has found out about the hack and features like Windows Live have been blocked off from the proxy. With the proxy hack my phone isn't able to receive or send any emails, whether it be gmail or windows live, and also a lot of websites running flash dont seem to work on it. Other than that, yes it is possible to access the interenet without having to pay the $19.99 T-mobile Web plan. Hope that helps

Guest GS 059

I don't think that it would work on the dash, I tried the little 5.99 plan, and it does not work for anything at all, including the ringtones at all...

Guest bigxsig
I don't think that it would work on the dash, I tried the little 5.99 plan, and it does not work for anything at all, including the ringtones at all...

no, what I meant by the post was yes I was able to get onto the internet using this method, i know how to do it and it worked, yet I never signed up for any of the internet services be it the 5.99 no 19.99. I may have just gotten the internet free, but it only lasted like an hour then stopped working. I just wanted to know if i was charged for it or not.

Guest bigxsig

OK,so the weird thing is, it started working again last night. As I said, i never signed up for the 5.99 nor the 19.99 or 29.99 wutever it is, internet service, so im pretty sure I'm not using any of those to get on the internet. and i'm not using wifi, cuz my wifi settings is off on the phone. I just want to know whether or not i'm getting charged for using the internet like by the mbs or at all.

Reply?!?!