WM6 Compact III and gps software help

Guest mrw1004

Guest mrw1004

Hello,

I recently applied the T mobile wm6 upgrade to the compact III. This seems to have broken the smart2go navigation software from Nokia which while will it starts up displays some odd behaviour like, not showing menu keys. I have used both google maps and windows live for naviagation and windows live has the edge but its display options (no 3D view, map dosent follow direction of travel) make it a bit tricky.

What do others use? Is this a case that paying for co-pilot or Tom Tom is the best option for a usable in car navigation system? Are there other free systems?

Your experience would be much appreciated.

all the best

Mark

Edited by mrw1004

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andrew_Green
Hello,

I recently applied the T mobile wm6 upgrade to the compact III. This seems to have broken the smart2go navigation software from Nokia which while will it starts up displays some odd behaviour like, not showing menu keys. I have used both google maps and windows live for naviagation and windows live has the edge but its display options (no 3D view, map dosent follow direction of travel) make it a bit tricky.

What do others use? Is this a case that paying for co-pilot or Tom Tom is the best option for a usable in car navigation system? Are there other free systems?

Your experience would be much appreciated.

all the best

Mark

Mark,

I've only ever used TT, never tried anything else because - and this is a matter of personal choice - it does the job I need it to do. I can definitely recommend TT.

Regards,