problem with setting up exchange server

Guest jlwood

Guest jlwood

Hi

I have a Moto Q9h

And I have a problem trying to get my phone to work on the email exchange server at work. I have downloaded to the phone a certificate from work. But when I have SSL ticked and synchronise I get a massage on the phone

Security certificate on the server is not valid Support code 0x80072F0D

When I have SSL unticked I get a massage on the phone when I synchronise

The server you are synchronizing with is not an exchange sever, or is running incompatible software support code 0x85030022

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

John

Edited by jlwood

Guest jimbouk

Wrong certiticate is most likely.

Or you have entered the FQDN (the correct external URL for your server - usually the owa address) wrongly.

• 1 month later...
Guest jlwood

Hi I have downloaded Emoze on to my phone. And it works like a charm. I came synchronize everything from my outlook at work. So if anyone is having a problem with synchronize. I recommend you to download Emoze

Thanks

John

Guest Confucious

I never like the idea of using 3rd party software when what you have should work without it.

Personally I would have just sorted out the certificate error. How did you download the cert?

Guest jlwood

Hi

With or without a certificate. When I try to synchronize the phone with the program that comes with the phone, it do’s not work. But with Emoze I just put it on my phone. Put in the settings for the exchange at work and it worked.

Thanks

John

Guest Confucious

I had a similar problem when I had a wrong certificate, like I sy, I'd rather sort the problem than use another program.

But so long as it's working for you then all is well. And it could be of use to others, so good find!

Guest djphaze
I had a similar problem when I had a wrong certificate, like I sy, I'd rather sort the problem than use another program.

But so long as it's working for you then all is well. And it could be of use to others, so good find!

I had a similar problem here, and resvoled it sucessfully.

The answer is that you need to purchase an SSL certificate from a trusted certificate authority.

I bought one from GlobalSign and since having that it has worked fine.

It is to do with the handset only accepting certificates from certain CAs