23 replies to this topic

patp

patp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:C500

I've just had a look at the SIM only PAYG and the internet add on is £2.50 a week. Is there a £5 option?

Yeah, I couldn't find it on the site, but spoke to a callcentre guy who assured me it's there when you log into My3 ( I couldn't try this of course). Downside is you have to redo it every month, there's no way to make it automatic. It's a very good deal though, I'd be jumping on it if Tmob hadn't come through.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil

meh, now they're saying the discounts do stack, so it'll be 12.50 for 18 months for Flext20 and WnW basic. Can't do better than that I reckon.

(but for information folks, the PAYG on 3 allows you to do the £5 a month internet add on)

OK - I got a letter saying I'd signed up for another 18 months when the website said only 12 so I rang them up. They then told me that the discounts DON'T stack and I'd only be geting £10 off the Flext20 for another 18 months.

I have now cancelled that contract and gone for a Virgin SIM only for £10/month I get 300 mins and 300 texts which is more than enough for the other half.

Disappointed with T though - first time I've been disappointed with them since I joined them. Still happy with my main contract though.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

estocks

estocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:sda music

Only slight worry is what happens if you use data (3G or not) outside of 3's coverage. Read somewhere it can be considered as roaming and charged for.

What if I need to use Mobile Broadband outside the Turbo coverage?

· You will experience our fastest speeds when using Mobile Broadband in areas where we have Turbo coverage.

· However, outside of these areas our 3G network still provides good speeds for internet browsing across 90% of the UK.

Check our coverage map here for details of coverage in your area, and plans for improving speed in the future.

Please note: Although you can use Mobile Broadband in the UK when you roam onto 2G, the speeds are much slower

Link
HTH

patp

patp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:C500

OK - I got a letter saying I'd signed up for another 18 months when the website said only 12 so I rang them up. They then told me that the discounts DON'T stack and I'd only be geting £10 off the Flext20 for another 18 months.

I have now cancelled that contract and gone for a Virgin SIM only for £10/month I get 300 mins and 300 texts which is more than enough for the other half.

Disappointed with T though - first time I've been disappointed with them since I joined them. Still happy with my main contract though.

The 3rd guy I spoke to found out they didn't stack after all but he could offer me and extra £3 off, making it £14.50/m for Flext20 and WnW basic. I'd found that 3 didn't have reception in my house so it seemed like the only option and I signed up. Am not entirely happy with an 18 month contract, but they have given good service, and it's pretty cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users