wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x 2.2.2

Yup!

P

Done that, started reinstalling software again, and the battery level seems to be at the same level again. It actually reads in the manual that you should charge it fully before first use, so I'll leave it to charge while shutdown for two hours, and see what battery status it will report. I am using the official charger that came with the phone to do this. If that doesn't fix it, I'll guess RMA would be the best option!

Edited by wapz, 27 March 2008 - 09:35 AM.

Montala

Montala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC One

Got mine yesterday as well. It is also running v4.1.10_EU1, and it contained Dutch and Belgium profiles for GPRS as well, unlike what some other users experienced here. It even worked for my provider.

It would appear that the profiles are region specific.... possibly loaded when you initialy select your country etc.

You are in the Netherlands, are you not, whereas I am in the UK.

Still not sure why our two reviewers didn't have any on theirs though.

Edit: Just read your last post... certainly a good idea to give it a full charge first I would have thought. That should then give you three 'bars' on the battery level indicator.

Edited by Montala, 27 March 2008 - 09:46 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,221 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Sounds like it's broken, I never charge devices when they first arrive (too impatient) and it makes no difference :D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Sounds like it's broken, I never charge devices when they first arrive (too impatient) and it makes no difference :(

P

I was too impatient, and now it actually shows two bars in the battery level measurement to my surprise. However, CeleTask still does not display the power levels properly. Would there be another WM6 app that can display power levels properly, like in voltages, what CeleTask does? Or did any of you guys check the power levels with the default CeleTask 2.2 (from the official website), and tried checking the battery status?

Thanks for the quick support guys, much appreciated! :D

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I've just installed the Fizz Monitor 3.2 - and this freeware tool you can get from the URL below. The status now reports 70%, let's see if I can get it fully charged.

http://blogs.msdn.co...smartphone.aspx

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Even more interesting, it seems to go higher after some time of charge, but now when I check it says 70%, 80%, 90% or 100%. It seems to swap between these values, everything in between never shows up. One second it can be a 100%, and other second 90%. Weirdo? Random numbers?

Please let me know if anybody else can measure voltage-levels with CeleTask, that would be an indication that mine is not reliable, or even, working at all.

Edited by wapz, 27 March 2008 - 11:12 AM.

Montala

Montala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Changing the subject slightly, when I first activated my Asus M630W the icon 'bar' (showing recently used programs) was below the carrier and time settings... now it is right at the top of the screen, with the time below it.

I haven't changed anything intentionally, and wonder if anyone knows the reason for this?

Thanks.

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Changing the subject slightly, when I first activated my Asus M630W the icon 'bar' (showing recently used programs) was below the carrier and time settings... now it is right at the top of the screen, with the time below it.

I haven't changed anything intentionally, and wonder if anyone knows the reason for this?

Thanks.

Did you fiddle with any of the homescreen options? Try to re-apply them maybe and make sure you reboot after applying the theme.

Montala

Montala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Did you fiddle with any of the homescreen options? Try to re-apply them maybe and make sure you reboot after applying the theme.

I have tried most of them, but can't seem to get it back to the way it was.

As I am also having problems installing CoPilot Live 7 software, I think a full 'factory reset' is called for!

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

I have tried most of them, but can't seem to get it back to the way it was.

As I am also having problems installing CoPilot Live 7 software, I think a full 'factory reset' is called for!

Montala, can you quickly check what your battery status shows in CeleTask when you check it on your M530w?

Thanks.

Montala

Montala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Montala, can you quickly check what your battery status shows in CeleTask when you check it on your M530w?

Thanks.

Not a program I had ever heard of before until you mentioned it.

It looks a bit 'old' now, and is not really one which appeals to me actually

I am anxious to get my CoPilot 7 sorted out first!

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Just tried to grab celetask, seems their site is down though...

I still exist

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I thought lots of people we're actually using CeleTask, a decent small little program to manages background processes and normal processes! Here is a local mirror I made with the pc setup.exe and the .cab.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rkkoop/celetask

Thanks.

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

I am anxious to get my CoPilot 7 sorted out first!

I'm running TomTom 5.2, works quite well, except for the layout of the menu that is wasted by the format of the screen :D

Montala

Montala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Just tried to grab celetask, seems their site is down though...

Seems to be available at: http://www.efficasof...task/index.html

Not sure whether or not that is the latest version though!

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Heh, i don't think Celetask likes the M530w all that much :D

Attached Files

I still exist

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Heh, i don't think Celetask likes the M530w all that much :(

Thanks for checking that! My phone however has been at 90% battery whole day, unchanged. That's impossible :D
Opened a ticket with Asus VIP support. They should come back within 48h. Let's see what they say.

update: Now back to 80% in one go. Does it maybe only measure in 10% increments? I also see 70% in your screen Monolithix!

Edited by wapz, 27 March 2008 - 04:22 PM.

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Wouldn't be unusual! The increments are set in the registry i believe...

I still exist

wapz

wapz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Wouldn't be unusual! The increments are set in the registry i believe...

I've tried this one: http://www.sprintuse...ad.php?t=156544, too bad it didn't work. Let's see if somebody can figure out how we can fix this :D

Montala

Montala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Thanks.

Answering my own question here, I though I had tried most of the Home Screen options, but now find that the default one is actually called 'Summer in Turkey' which gives me the layout I like (and in a smaller font size to!).

Talking about battery levels (which wapz was) I have just found quite a useful battery level indicator hidden under "Settings / Power Management", which might just be of help to someone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users