T-Mobile UK: Vario III instant messenging?

Guest Inkers

Guest Inkers

I have an MDA Vario III, I just upgraded from a Blackberry 8700g on which I was using JiveTalk no problem to access AIM, MSN and Gtalk (my primary work messengers). However, I've not been able to connect to ANY messenger service since I changed phones despite changing the access point details.

I'm on Flext 35 with W&W, been on it for 18mths when I first got my 'berry. Is this a tariff issue? If this is the case then I'll be having stern words with t-mobile due to the fact I said several times in store that I needed to connect to multiple messengers and yet no one said at all that I would need a specific w&w plan.

The irony is, that people are saying they can connect to MSN and yet whilst on the phone to T-Mobile the other night (discussing the upgrade) they were stating that they don't have the licensing to use it in the UK and at the same time are advertising such phones as the Sidekick Slide as coming with YIM but saying nothing about needing a specific tariff.

Anyhow, does anyone have a Vario III who might be able to help me with my connection issue? I've tried mundu IM and Agile Messenger so far but perhaps there's something else I should consider?

Thanks!

Guest nevawlkalone
I have an MDA Vario III, I just upgraded from a Blackberry 8700g on which I was using JiveTalk no problem to access AIM, MSN and Gtalk (my primary work messengers). However, I've not been able to connect to ANY messenger service since I changed phones despite changing the access point details.

I'm on Flext 35 with W&W, been on it for 18mths when I first got my 'berry. Is this a tariff issue? If this is the case then I'll be having stern words with t-mobile due to the fact I said several times in store that I needed to connect to multiple messengers and yet no one said at all that I would need a specific w&w plan.

The irony is, that people are saying they can connect to MSN and yet whilst on the phone to T-Mobile the other night (discussing the upgrade) they were stating that they don't have the licensing to use it in the UK and at the same time are advertising such phones as the Sidekick Slide as coming with YIM but saying nothing about needing a specific tariff.

Anyhow, does anyone have a Vario III who might be able to help me with my connection issue? I've tried mundu IM and Agile Messenger so far but perhaps there's something else I should consider?

Thanks!

google WLM ( windows live mobile)

Guest nevawlkalone
Hmm, it doesn't seem to work in the UK. The mobile number section wasn't long enough...

mobile number???? :D

Shouldnt need one, you just install the app...it should be an exe file...cant find it on ,my PC at the mo, sorry

Guest Inkers
mobile number???? :D

Shouldnt need one, you just install the app...it should be an exe file...cant find it on ,my PC at the mo, sorry

It asks me for my phone no. to send the link to my phone :( and the 'try it now' button doesn't work

Guest Inkers

Update:

Yesterday I spoke with T-Mobile, yesterday I was informed that in order to have an IM function I HAVE to have the W&W Plus package. Right now there is heated words between myself and T-Mobile as in the weeks running up to my handset change I stressed everytime to T-Mobile when I was looking at new phones that I needed to IM, not once was I told I needed a specific handset.

Thanks for all the help and I'll keep people updated

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blink183

There's a .cab install for Pocket MSN over on the xda-developers forum...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...light=messenger

I've been running it on my TYTN II (T-mobile Vario III) for a while now. It's identical to the Pocket MSN the first Vario had. I don't have the W&W Plus package (as far as i know!?), in fact... I still need to ring them and find out if i can have HSDPA!

:D

*Wanders off to ring t-mob customer support....*

• 2 months later...
Guest pd.ryder

You could always try Palringo?

I'm on W&W basic and can IM no prob. I'm at the end of my 18 month contract so I'll see what happens with that when I renew the contract once the Vario IV is out in August.

:D