Wi Fi security

Guest Morelli

Guest Morelli

I occasionally use the Wi Fi option but currently have no 'security' other than that on my wireless modem/router. I have searched the posts but can’t find any posts detailing which firewalls or anti virus packages are available, or being used, for the E650.

Any recommendation?

Guest Jacina
I occasionally use the Wi Fi option but currently have no 'security' other than that on my wireless modem/router. I have searched the posts but can’t find any posts detailing which firewalls or anti virus packages are available, or being used, for the E650.

Any recommendation?

1. Using an open Wi Fi will not "open" your phone for anyone.

2. Antivirus is only needed if you activly download programs from random sites and always press "yes I want to install this" which isn't something anyone should do :( also there aren't very many viruses for mobiles yet.

So my suggestion:

Don't download a virus scanner that takes processing power from more important things (like music :D )

Don't worry about a firewall, trust your router to block you from the bad guys on the internet, trust your phone to block any attempts at connecting to it by way of your open Wi Fi.

ENCRYPT YOUR WI FI. In MANY countries you are 100% liable for things that happen over YOUR internet connection.

Use WPA or WPA2, don't bother with WEP (WPA-PSK is the easiest to handle, just enter a passphrase, done :( )