6 replies to this topic

vijay15

vijay15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:mpx300
Hey guys,

So I have GPS working rather nicely on my i780 now using the following (as per both here and the folks at XDA):
1. PortSplitter
2. TomTom

Here's my problem. Every so often I get TomTom starting up randomly on my i780. I cant really tell why. As far as I can see its secondary to my memory card, but I really have no way to tell. I suppose I could remove the card to find out, but since ths wouldnt be a lonterm option (given I need the memory card for the size of the maps), I thought I would ask if anyone was having the same problem, and/or knew of a solution.

Of course, I should let you know that all of the original install files for the TomTom software are on the memory card that is in my i780. I dont know which ones can be removed, and which ones need to remain for the program to work aside from the maps.

I love this device by the way!

Thanks for all of your help,
Vij

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Blade+Tab+OT918D

Hey guys,

So I have GPS working rather nicely on my i780 now using the following (as per both here and the folks at XDA):
1. PortSplitter
2. TomTom

Here's my problem. Every so often I get TomTom starting up randomly on my i780. I cant really tell why. As far as I can see its secondary to my memory card, but I really have no way to tell. I suppose I could remove the card to find out, but since ths wouldnt be a lonterm option (given I need the memory card for the size of the maps), I thought I would ask if anyone was having the same problem, and/or knew of a solution.

Of course, I should let you know that all of the original install files for the TomTom software are on the memory card that is in my i780. I dont know which ones can be removed, and which ones need to remain for the program to work aside from the maps.

I love this device by the way!

Thanks for all of your help,
Vij

Hi,

As TT has no 'autostart' I guess your problem is related to that Portsplitter. I can't see why you need to have this for running TT ....

The only other possibility might be that you have your SD-card disconnect and reconnect now and then, due to some power'savings' setting. This causes the '2577' folder to start up. And in that folder you'll find a 'TT*.cab'....

Cheers,

Dirk

Alcatel OT918D Blaze (dual SIM)

Samsung Galaxy Tab (the original)

ZTE San Francisco Moldovan MHMP r6 + Solidchips Bootanimation

iPAQ
614c - WM 6.5_5.2.21501 AKU 5.0.70 WWE with minor tweaks (radio gone)

iPAQ hx4700 - WM 6.1_5.2.20764 AKU 1.1.1 WWE (layed to rest)

vijay15

vijay15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:mpx300
I think you are right about what ails my i780. I think it is the SD-Card disonnect/reconnect ....

Do you know of a way to disable this? Does anyone? I know I have looked under the power settings, but I havent really "dug under the hood" to get to the root of the problem. Any idea?

Do I need the TT.cab in the 2577 folder?

What can I do?

Hi,

As TT has no 'autostart' I guess your problem is related to that Portsplitter. I can't see why you need to have this for running TT ....

The only other possibility might be that you have your SD-card disconnect and reconnect now and then, due to some power'savings' setting. This causes the '2577' folder to start up. And in that folder you'll find a 'TT*.cab'....

Cheers,

Dirk

everton2004

everton2004

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1 (WinMo 6.5)

I think you are right about what ails my i780. I think it is the SD-Card disonnect/reconnect ....

Do you know of a way to disable this? Does anyone? I know I have looked under the power settings, but I havent really "dug under the hood" to get to the root of the problem. Any idea?

Do I need the TT.cab in the 2577 folder?

What can I do?

You can rename the '2577' folder on your SD card to something like 'TT2577' and TomTom should still work - while disabling the autostart. Give it a try - if TomTom fails to work, simply rename the folder back to '2577' but it should work ok as I have done this on my device.

Gadgets:

SonyEricsson Xperia, HP iPaq 614c, MDA Vario II, Moto MPX220

sno

sno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:E200/C550/M500/P5500/P4550

You can rename the '2577' folder on your SD card to something like 'TT2577' and TomTom should still work - while disabling the autostart. Give it a try - if TomTom fails to work, simply rename the folder back to '2577' but it should work ok as I have done this on my device.

Good thinking
i hot swap my memory card between a few different windows devices & did find it quite annoying, This works a dream.
cheers everton

mattgod69

mattgod69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but does the i780 have built in GPS? I thought it did, but now i am starting to think otherwise.....

Cheers in advance.....

Matt

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Yes...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users