useless 3G coverage

Guest macca2187

Guest macca2187

Now then,

I have been on T-mobile with a Vario 3 for 4 months now and pay for the web and walk plus package. Unfortunatly I live in Hull and the 3G signal is shocking. I rarely get more than one bar of 3G and as for HSDPA well there is no chance. I have tried all over the city and get the same problem. This surprises me as Hull is not that small a city, you'd think Tmobile would have better coverage. I have a data modem on the Three network and get there full HSDPA speeds. Now for the Question, I have heard that Tmobile and Three are planning on sharing their data masts, does anyone have any knowledge of this? If this took place then hopefully it would solve my problem and I could recieve the service I am paying for!

Macca in Hull

• 1 month later...
Guest humph12345
Now then,

I have been on T-mobile with a Vario 3 for 4 months now and pay for the web and walk plus package. Unfortunatly I live in Hull and the 3G signal is shocking. I rarely get more than one bar of 3G and as for HSDPA well there is no chance. I have tried all over the city and get the same problem. This surprises me as Hull is not that small a city, you'd think Tmobile would have better coverage. I have a data modem on the Three network and get there full HSDPA speeds. Now for the Question, I have heard that Tmobile and Three are planning on sharing their data masts, does anyone have any knowledge of this? If this took place then hopefully it would solve my problem and I could recieve the service I am paying for!

Macca in Hull

They are only sharing the core network side of things and on certain base stations where they are both on the same site, they are giving up one mast and moving the equipment into one cabin, but they will still be two seperate networks.