tha_neo

tha_neo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:IT
  • Devices:SGH-i600
Well, my touchpad doesnt work when i´m outside and the sun gets to the touchpad. Am I´m the only on who has this problem??

matt1971

matt1971

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i780

Well, my touchpad doesnt work when i´m outside and the sun gets to the touchpad. Am I´m the only on who has this problem??

Hi,

Exactly the same - the touch pad must use light to detect the movement of your thumb/finger or to be accurate detect dark areas on the pad to work out the movement.

As soon as you go into the shade OR at least shade the touchpad whilst moving your finger it works fine again.

Matt

Psion 3->M505->Ipaq 3660,3970,5555->E200,M2000,M5000,M3100->i780

Xilicon

Xilicon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:samsungi780

Hi,

Exactly the same - the touch pad must use light to detect the movement of your thumb/finger or to be accurate detect dark areas on the pad to work out the movement.

As soon as you go into the shade OR at least shade the touchpad whilst moving your finger it works fine again.

Matt

I've been using it in the sun all day yesterday with no issues. It is an optical device, however so I guess depending on the brightness that may be a valid concern. I would try covering the entire button with your finger as opppossed to just the tip of your finger as this might give it more area to detect.

tha_neo

tha_neo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:IT
  • Devices:SGH-i600

Hi,

Matt

Yeah exacly, the thing is that I called samsung and asked about this problem and he said that he has never heard about this problem before and also that his colleague who have this phone hasnt bumped into this problem. So I suppose this is a problem with not all samsungs. Not just because he said so but I´ve asked around on another forum where people don´t this problme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users