• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

klhrabosky

klhrabosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i760
I am new to pocket pcs too and sorry, but I have no idea how to add this to my smartphone. Would some one kindly be able to explain it? I have the zip files on my pc desktop, and I do know how to open the phone's hardrive. I am not able to drag the files from the winrar windonw right into the phone's HD folders. What should I do>?

Thank you!

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton
It's only for Pocket PC, not Smartphone. (You're in the Pocket PC Software section :D )

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil

I am new to pocket pcs too and sorry, but I have no idea how to add this to my smartphone. Would some one kindly be able to explain it? I have the zip files on my pc desktop, and I do know how to open the phone's hardrive. I am not able to drag the files from the winrar windonw right into the phone's HD folders. What should I do>?

Thank you!

I suggest you start in the absolute beginners section where all is explained.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

klhrabosky

klhrabosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i760

It's only for Pocket PC, not Smartphone. (You're in the Pocket PC Software section :D )

"With the introduction of WM6 all mobile phone devices running Windows Mobile are now classed as Windows Mobile powered Smartphones" - according to your beginners section.

This is what I have - a samsung i760 touchscreen running WM 6.1 Am I still in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
No, if it touchscreen it's what most people refer to as a PPC (despite what the beginners section says :D)
Where you are going wrong is opening the cab with winrar - the cab should be copied to your device and run on there.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
This is for both PPC and SP actually!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton
Ahh, my mistake. :D

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
Paul I spent ages going through and removing Dupe calender entries - are you going to update to do this? It seems every time I synk a new phone I get another entry ....

Joy of joys.

ChipsOnFire

ChipsOnFire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN II

I'll add Calendar support this week everyone :D

P

Hi Paul,

Did you manage to add it? And....does it work?? :-)

Cheers.

jim!

jim!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTn

Yeah, i'm definitely going to add calendar support, perhaps tasks too.

P

Am new to WM (previously a Palm OS man four 6 years) and have already had to remove dupes once, when following a total crash of machine found I had dupes again, this time I found your excellent util. Shame it doesn't do dates yet, looks like I'll have to do the calendar the hard way.

Jim!

contentryder

contentryder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wizard - Cingular 8125
any update on the calendar duplicate removal? i have a buncha them that i needa get rid of..

thanks!!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,225 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this app, please consider donating to support future developments (including the new version to be released shortly).

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

contentryder

contentryder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wizard - Cingular 8125
no cab yet for duplicate calendar removal?

Tom59

Tom59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Exec
Hello everyone, I'm quite new around here, I was sent the link to the website about 1/2 an hour ago.
I have got a really old...probably almost 3 years old, O2 XDA Exec running Win Mobile 5.0.
I have some, but not all, of my contacts that have duplicated themselves about 15 times! I have downloaded Dupededupe, but I get ann error message saying that it needs a newer version of Microsoft .NET Compact. I have downloaded and installed from the Microsoft site, but I still get the error message.
I am now getting critically short of space. Can anyone help out please? :)

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
The Exec is a great device - but I ugest you head on over to xda-developers and upgrade your ROM to a WM6.1 ROM

woodsman

woodsman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Xperia,HTC Diamond,HTC 3600

Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this app, please consider donating to support future developments (including the new version to be released shortly).

P

Any news of the updated version?

Mouth

Mouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro (Raphael)
http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp ... free outlook plugin.

Absolutely brilliant for duplicate removal, in both calendar and contacts. Also works on emails too.
Scans for duplicates in outlook, and moves them to a separate folder for easy removal and/or review.

Then simply sync your device with Outlook, and your duplicates problem is gone.

MadSci

MadSci

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
I'm in for a Quid!
My Rhodium had a corrupted sd card and melted down. In the process of re-loading my 2700+ COntact list, it duplicated on both my phone and Outlook!

Tried my old standby of MAPILab and it wouldn't install properly. Then I remembered DupeDeDupe and I was saved!! Both phone and Outlook now synced with only only one set of Contacts!

Thank You Paul!!!!!!! :D

MadSci

PS: Now I just ahve to kill all the duplicate Calender events! Hmmmm

MadSci

MadSci

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Wonderful contribution to the Forum Mouth! Thsi one really saved my bacon. Thanks so much!!!!! :D

MadSci

http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp ... free outlook plugin.

Absolutely brilliant for duplicate removal, in both calendar and contacts. Also works on emails too.
Scans for duplicates in outlook, and moves them to a separate folder for easy removal and/or review.

Then simply sync your device with Outlook, and your duplicates problem is gone.

antony09

antony09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
From my own experience I recommend Clone Remover. It is useful utility for searching duplicate files and folders. Searching for duplicate files belonging to a certain group: archives, office documents, images, video and music, Internet. It is ideal for Windows and Vista and has open source. You can test it and make decision about future use. duplicate remover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users