• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

MadSci

MadSci

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Paul - I just upgraded to a Telus HD2 on AT&T in the States and as usual I'm running into duplicate contact hell! With 2800 COntacts that's a lot of trouble!

DupeDeDupe to the rescue!

I think I donated to this cause when I moved to my Fuze 2 phones ago, but I figure it's woth $1.50 for each phone I need it on! SO chers Mate - have another Pint on me - you've earned it again!

Thanks again, and again, and again, and again... :)

MadSci

lubo povedane

lubo povedane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Image
This is a very very very simple application for WM5+ PPC / SP (CF2.0) I rustled up in response to a need to remove duplicate contacts on a device.

It is an EXE only (copy to your device and run), which has a basic GUI which allows you to scan for duplicates, and then choose (after being told your duplicate count) whether to remove them. Contacts are compared based on 'File As', field, 'Email' field and 'Home / Work / Mobile' phone fields. If all those fields match, it's deemed a duplicate.

The application scans my ~200 contacts in under 2 seconds :)

Hope this is useful!

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

PS If you think it's worthy of me cabbing up, or extending to Calendar support etc., let me know!

[Edit: Now available by request in CAB form with AppToDate support without registration required for download: http://www.apptodate.../dupededupe.cab]

genialne....... ........poklona vam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users