HTC prep 'HTC Touch Diamond' for imminent reveal + 'HTC Touch Pro' / 'HTC Touch Dual Pro' details

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alkali

All said and done nothing touches the Xperia X1 or is it the presentations? I found it difficult to be moved the way i was with xperia.It just does not tally.Or am i getting old or something but HTC just on this romours can neither march NO kill the iphone.Which is what we are waiting for :D

Guest shootydogthing
Kinda makes sense to me... it's a Touch device (flat bezel) and it's aimed at professionals

but calling it a Touch Pro makes it seem like a successor to the Touch, whereas the actually successor to the Touch is called the Diamond...

On or the other, if I had to hedge my bets, i'd say TV out with the 'Pro' moniker, but that is literally a guess.

Agreed

I've not heard anything about multitouch, but never say never.

Someone linked to an article higher in the thread....

As I say, I think they probably dropped it for size / weight saving.

Probably. Shame. i love the tilt... it gets wows, gets the girls interested and is actually useful when typing essays in class (yes I do that on my kaiser... more correction that the whole essay, my teachers are fine with it) (I'm in secondary school)

Guest shootydogthing
All said and done nothing touches the Xperia X1 or is it the presentations? I found it difficult to be moved the way i was with xperia.It just does not tally.Or am i getting old or something but HTC just on this romours can neither march NO kill the iphone.Which is what we are waiting for :D

These TOTALLY pwn the X1. The X1 has just been more hyped up till now. and that sentence makes no sense...

Guest holybear

Well, I won't hold my breath, even though they certainly look and sound very good.

I just feel extra cautious ever since my "dream device" the Kaizer wasn't what I expected it to be.

Then again, I have quite some time left before I get to upgrade, so that's fine by me (am I really saying this..?) as for once, it will give me the time to await what others make of the devices and take users' comments into account when making my choice.

Guest cortez

hopefully they'll come with 2 batteries; VGA screen, slightly faster processor and 900 mah battery equals shorter battery life. i sure hope i'm wrong on this!

Guest Syphon Filter
hopefully they'll come with 2 batteries; VGA screen, slightly faster processor and 900 mah battery equals shorter battery life. i sure hope i'm wrong on this!

That depends...the screen backlight and processor may be more energy efficient.

Guest Perfectionist

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !! :D

So we know T-Mob is coming out with the Diamond quite soon ..... would it be worth waiting for the Raphael ??

I've read that the Diamond will have FM Radio and 4Gb Memory but no MicroSD and Flash ..... and the Raphael will have MicroSD and Flash but no 4Gb and FM Radio ?? :(

The X1 still kicks these two in the nuts though ..... 3" inch WVGA Screen with Slight Tilt + 3.5mm Jack + Radio has RDS + 1500 mAh Battery + A Better Chance Of Decent Drivers !!

By the way what is eGPS and why would anyone want to hook up a phone to a TV ?? :(

Edited by Perfectionist

Guest shootydogthing
The X1 still kicks these two in the nuts though ..... 3" inch WVGA Screen with Slight Tilt + 3.5mm Jack + Radio has RDS + 1500 mAh Battery + A Better Chance Of Decent Drivers !!

By the way what is eGPS and why would anyone want to hook up a phone to a TV ?? :D

Nah, I'd take the Raphael over the X1 any day, for Manilla/TouchFlo, and the fact that HTC are a more experienced WinMo brand. And I'm almost certain they'll have learned their lesson, there'll be drivers here.

Enhanced GPS. from Wikipedia : "eGPS delivers a "universal positioning capability that will not only work reliably indoors and in zero GPS signal conditions, but greatly speed time to fix in poor GPS reception areas where most handsets are used." More specifically, it can "exploit data available from the cellular network to speed GPS fixes and provide complementary, fast, and reliable location sensing when GPS signals are weak or unavailable." "

And seeing as it's winmo, you can get the benifit of doing things like Powerpoint presentations or websurfing on the bigger screen, or work on documents etc, even watch videos or show pictures.

Guest shootydogthing

Yes, but we don't know if HTC are designing it or if they're just making it. It could be SE designed and HTC built, or it could be SE styled, with HTC designing the innards... I don't know.

Guest Perfectionist
Nah, I'd take the Raphael over the X1 any day, for Manilla/TouchFlo, and the fact that HTC are a more experienced WinMo brand. And I'm almost certain they'll have learned their lesson, there'll be drivers here.
I hope you are right about the drivers as (even though the X1 is far superior!) I'll be getting a T-Mob MDA Compact 4 as soon as they come out !

Enhanced GPS. from Wikipedia : "eGPS delivers a "universal positioning capability that will not only work reliably indoors and in zero GPS signal conditions, but greatly speed time to fix in poor GPS reception areas where most handsets are used." More specifically, it can "exploit data available from the cellular network to speed GPS fixes and provide complementary, fast, and reliable location sensing when GPS signals are weak or unavailable." "
Good old Wiki ! So does this mean that eGPS will be an extra feature which the Network will charge for ? If you don't pay then you're left will plain vanilla GPS ?

And seeing as it's winmo, you can get the benifit of doing things like Powerpoint presentations or websurfing on the bigger screen, or work on documents etc, even watch videos or show pictures.
Looks like TV-out is a pretty cool feature after all !

Guest shootydogthing
I hope you are right about the drivers as (even though the X1 is far superior!) I'll be getting a T-Mob MDA Compact 4 as soon as they come out !

Good old Wiki ! So does this mean that eGPS will be an extra feature which the Network will charge for ? If you don't pay then you're left will plain vanilla GPS ?

Looks like TV-out is a pretty cool feature after all !

How is the X1 better? It's basically the same, but this comes in various form factors with varying extras...

And nope, I think it's just a hardware thing.

Glad I could convince you :D

Specs are in the first post Ovie :(

P

Oh woops my mistake :D !

Specswise the Diamond is looking a lot better than the Samsung i900. I've decided I don't need a keyboard anymore, after getting used to how light and small my touch is I don't think I could get anything bigger!

Can't wait to see some more pics, I expect it's going to be out really soon too!

Guest Perfectionist
How is the X1 better?
Dude ! :(

3" WVGA Screen with (slight!) Tilt = Excellent improvement over the usual and unimpressive 2.8"

3.5mm = Essential to use quality earphones instead of proprietary nastiness

Radio has RDS = Nice feature to have

1500 mAh Battery = Extremely important !!

Plus .....

Sony are using good Drivers = HTC's downfall in the past .....

Sony have a great reputation with Camera quality = HTC's Achilles heal .....

I'm a HTC fan and will jump on the new models as soon as they come out ..... but the X1 is without doubt the better device !! :( Seeing as HTC are making the thing for Sony ..... why couldn't they make the Rapheal have at least the same (if not better!) spec ?!

All the X1 needs to do is mate with the Nokia N96 and we'll have the Perfect device !! :D Or just wait for the X2/X3 !! :(

The only potential problems with the SEX1 will be possible delays in release and more than likely expense !! <_<

Guest Paul (MVP)
Sony are using good Drivers = HTC's downfall in the past .....

Says who? HTC are making the device, so if it's the same platform, i'm willing to bet it's the same drivers!

Sony have a great reputation with Camera quality = HTC's Achilles heal .....

See point above, I bet the camera will be the same as on these...

P

Guest Perfectionist
Says who? HTC are making the device, so if it's the same platform, i'm willing to bet it's the same drivers!
Quite true ! Although the reviews of the X1 are saying it is the dogs !! Hopefully Sony has overseen this aspect and made sure HTC doesn't screw it up ! :(

See point above, I bet the camera will be the same as on these...
Again quite true ! I read something about Sony wanting to put a 5MP in there ..... but HTC downgraded it to a 3MP !! As above, I'm pretty confident that Sony would make sure HTC imporve this feature above their lacklustre offerings in the past ! :D

Anyway, back to the Diamond/Raphael ! Would you be able to hazard a guess as to possible prices of the new MDA Compact 4 ? :(

The Compact 3 is dirt cheap now on contract ..... would the Compact 4 simply replace it at the same price point ? :(

I take it that the Raphael will be the new Vario 4 ?? :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.