Orange Messenger Still Not Available

Guest silversurfer2008

Guest silversurfer2008

I spoke on saturday with Orange Customer Services UK about Orange Messenger.

My Question was could i use Orange Messenger by WIFI when in a WIFI Zone.

They replied that Orange Messenger was still not available for download for any phone.

That is very annoying.

Presumably the HTC Touch on orange for just under £150 has Windows Live Messenger left on it untouched unless the powers that be asked for it to be removed also.

I tried the XDA Forum and downloaded a Windows Live Messenger but it seemed to be out of date.

Anyone able to advise.

Thanks.

Andrew

Guest Samsonite

i use Fring for all my IM needs! www.fring.com

i havent upgraded to the latest version but believe it has better support for sending files etc, but for your basic chat functionality, its great! Crossplatform for MSN, Skype, Yahoo etc etc..

never used the VoIP aspect either but the test call works!

Guest silversurfer2008
i use Fring for all my IM needs! www.fring.com

i havent upgraded to the latest version but believe it has better support for sending files etc, but for your basic chat functionality, its great! Crossplatform for MSN, Skype, Yahoo etc etc..

never used the VoIP aspect either but the test call works!

Orange shop in walsall have stated that the reason why Orange Messenger is not on the E650 or any other Orange PC Phone is that it affects the performance of the phone ie slows it down and in some cases caused the phone to crash.

So unless they can presumably design a smaller less processor intenstive version it wont appear (the said that is why all the networks pulled it off their versions of the same phone ie Vox, S710 etc.

Guest ICQEagle
Orange shop in walsall have stated that the reason why Orange Messenger is not on the E650 or any other Orange PC Phone is that it affects the performance of the phone ie slows it down and in some cases caused the phone to crash.

So unless they can presumably design a smaller less processor intenstive version it wont appear (the said that is why all the networks pulled it off their versions of the same phone ie Vox, S710 etc.

There is exactly ONE reason why Orange took it out... This way you cannot use cheaper services than calls or SMS unless you install extra software! Orange stays a banana company. And hell will freeze before I ever buy a branded phone. :D

Edited by ICQEagle