How good is Dr. Gonzo's 6.1 rom

Guest realaxed

Guest realaxed

I was just wondering if I could get the opinion of a few members about Dr. Gonzo's 6.1 rom.

How good is it?

Really, when compared to the s710's default WM6 rom is there any pros for trying out Gonzo's rom?

Thanks

Guest SBloP
I was just wondering if I could get the opinion of a few members about Dr. Gonzo's 6.1 rom.

How good is it?

Really, when compared to the s710's default WM6 rom is there any pros for trying out Gonzo's rom?

Thanks

I really likes it.

It works almost perfect, and is really stable.

It really gives the vox a second life.

If can try this guide to flash your phone:

www.maritime-billeder.dk/vox.html

Guest realaxed
I really likes it.

It works almost perfect, and is really stable.

It really gives the vox a second life.

If can try this guide to flash your phone:

www.maritime-billeder.dk/vox.html

Ok it's stable, but why do you like it? Like whats the advantages over the standard Wm6 rom? I know I could just try it, but I'd much rather have a good reason for flashing a new rom on my vox as it's a little more time consuming to test out then a normal application.

Guest SBloP
Ok it's stable, but why do you like it? Like whats the advantages over the standard Wm6 rom? I know I could just try it, but I'd much rather have a good reason for flashing a new rom on my vox as it's a little more time consuming to test out then a normal application.

Well... Its all the small things. Microsoft have created several small changes that just make the mobile more complete... If you know what I mean...

But the biggest diffrence is the new homescreen that works excelent.

Try it out. If you dont like it, you could just flash the original rom again.

Guest dnbware
Try it out. If you dont like it, you could just flash the original rom again.

Hi everyone, does anyone have the original orange e650 NL rom? I crashed my phone and I need the original rom to get it out of the bootloader screen. Thanks in advance!

Guest matrix77

Here you can see the difference between WM 6 and 6.1.

For me the most important one is threaded SMS, and I think it is faster:

indexpj1.th.gif

Edited by matrix77

Guest realaxed

ahh thanks matrix. That's exactlky the kinda of information i was looking for. Seems cool, but I'm pretty sure I have an OEM htc s710. I don't know where to download the original rom...

Anyone know where i could find the original rom for an OEM htc s710.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sandman_A_C

How is the speed? Does 6.1 slow down the device? What about storage and memory are available after a clean install of Dr. Gonzo's 6.1?

Guest SBloP
How is the speed? Does 6.1 slow down the device? What about storage and memory are available after a clean install of Dr. Gonzo's 6.1?

In my opinion, its far better than the original.

Im not exactly sure about the storage, but I think its about the same. The speed is better than the original.

/Benjamin

My highlights in the 6.1 rom are:

• Threaded SMS
  • Zoom Out feature in internet explorer
  • The homescreen which makes the whole device easier
  • Most recent used programs on the first page of the "start" screen

Guest realaxed

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. I updated to the gonzo 6.1 Rom a few days ago and I love it. Only thing I don't like is how TPC is already installed in the rom and does not work with VOX OC (an app made to change tpc links easily).

Is there anyway to uninstall the version of TPC already in the rom? I can't seem to do it using total commmander.

Otherwise the 6.1 rom is perfect.

Guest echolock

Dr Gonzo's WM6.1 rom is brilliant. It installs easily, and it's like having a new phone afterwards (I couldn't believe how much nippier and more responsive the phone became - must be Orange filling the phone with rubbish). Threaded SMS is something I didn't think I'd like, but love, and the new slidey homescreens are also very good. WM6.1's improvements are an evolution rather than a revolution though, basically tweaks that make you go "Oh that's nice!" but nothing in particular that makes you go "wow!"

Basically, it's most highly recommended.

If you're around the XDA developers site anyway, I'd flash your radio ROM too - the new version seems much better with data connections and voice reception than the version I had with my Orange ROM, but I guess that's all highly anecdotal as I have no way to test!

Guest Tony66

hello there

i have a spv e650 . i unlocked it last year thats all. im here in switzerland and i like to ask you if i can install dr. gonzo wm6.1 v.1.1?????

Is this the latest on of him????

thanx for help

Anthony

Dr Gonzo's WM6.1 rom is brilliant. It installs easily, and it's like having a new phone afterwards (I couldn't believe how much nippier and more responsive the phone became - must be Orange filling the phone with rubbish). Threaded SMS is something I didn't think I'd like, but love, and the new slidey homescreens are also very good. WM6.1's improvements are an evolution rather than a revolution though, basically tweaks that make you go "Oh that's nice!" but nothing in particular that makes you go "wow!"

Basically, it's most highly recommended.

If you're around the XDA developers site anyway, I'd flash your radio ROM too - the new version seems much better with data connections and voice reception than the version I had with my Orange ROM, but I guess that's all highly anecdotal as I have no way to test!

Guest iangray

I have a Orange UK E650 Can I just flash it with the the Gonzo 6.1 rom and it will still know all the settings for sms gprs e.t.c which are specific to orange.

Guest obscurespectre

i am an absolute newbie at wm devices and i just flashed dr. gonzo's rom.

it is excellen !!! much faster, organised and pleasing to the eye than the original rom.

one issue does bug me .... there are 'refresh rate; lines on the screen now. (like on the comp ?) i used to get it on the original rom when ovrclocking to 240mhz but now even at 204 mhz or 228 mhz i am getting these lines.

really a minor inconvenience compared tot he benefits.

Guest madbandit

I am not sure it will know all of the settings Ian.

There are plenty of links to the orange settings and other networks so its just a matter of running a cab file to reinstate them.

Let me know how you got on, just got a replacement E650 from orange after a smashed scream and am tempted to play with WM6.1 but i'm a complete noob on rom flashing....

:D

Guest Prof. Yaffle
I have a Orange UK E650 Can I just flash it with the the Gonzo 6.1 rom and it will still know all the settings for sms gprs e.t.c which are specific to orange.

I have a UK E650 and did mine at the weekend. It was dead easy to do provided you follow the instructions properly. There seem to be a lot of people on XDA Developers who don't and have problems. I made a note of all the settings before I did mine or so I thought. Turns out there are advanced settings in the MMS screen that I'd missed. The SMS centre and answerphone settings where there automatically after a reboot but the WAP and GPRS settings weren't and I couldn't add them all manually because of the MMS ones I'd missed. Luckily the .cab file from here worked perfectly. The only real problem I had was that after I'd ran Messenger for the first time it ground to a halt (seems others had the same problem). A hard reset cured it so my advice would be to install the new ROM and then immediately after do a hard reset to save you having to do it later. Also, the Tomtom backlight bug that seems to effect most HTC phones is present so if you use Tomtom mobile you'll need to do the fix for that as well.

And there's also a radio update available as well which can be done separately either before or after.

It seems a lot above but it really isn't and the new ROM is great up to now. It's a lot quicker than the old one, the missed call / text vibrate is great and should have been part of the OS from day one. It's a lot faster starting up from first being switched on and seems a lot more stable. Also the new home screen is great as is threaded SMS. And the battery life seems good to. Mine's been on since 8.30am and is still at 80%. I also like having WiFi as a long press on the volume down key, far easier than the normal way of doing it.

Just as a guide here's my homescreen with Rinku's IconBar (thanks again frauhottelmann for the great theme).

homepage.jpg

Edited by Prof. Yaffle

Guest SBloP
whenn I try to run the batch file, nothing happens, the files cannot be copied to the folders. Did I forget something?

What batch file? To dump the rom?