- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tosty_82

Tosty_82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Rock-music, Computers, LAN-party's, Electronics, Beer, Scanner-listening
  • Devices:Orange P3450/Touch (locked)
Hey all,

Currently i'm using a HTC Touch (Branded as a Orange p3450, not unlocked).
I got a leased car with a build-in Bluetooth carkit called Audio Blue by Funkwerk Dabendorf (FWD).
However i'm unable to connect the phone with the carkit. I know it's not in the Compatibility list but i'm not sure why not (still waiting for reply by Funkwerk).
This is what i should do and what goes wrong:
* Bluetooth on the phone is on, can be found by other devices, no passkey needed for bluetooth, and i set 'accept incoming/outgoing signals' in the settings-menu on.
* I let the Audio Blue search for the phone, it finds one (gives me a mac-adress, so if you know a way i can check my bluetooth mac-adress on the phone would be great) and i make it connect.
* The Audio blue gives me a passkey (random generated).
* I let the phone search for the carkit, select it and give the passkey.
* As soon as i press 'next' the carkit cancels the whole connecting process.

Anybody some interesting ideas?

Tosty will be a daddy soon!!! (So I refers to my sweet lady..)
Posted Image

chucky.egg

chucky.egg

Did I say that out loud?

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping
  • Devices:Desire S
  • Twitter:@chucky_egg
I think that you shouldn't be searching from the phone as well, it's starting a new pairing process which is probably what kills the existing one.
Try starting the pairing from your Touch

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,254 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Indeed, when the car kit gives you the PIN, you should then be prompted for it on your Touch.

Your Touch is set to 'Discoverable' right?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Tosty_82

Tosty_82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Rock-music, Computers, LAN-party's, Electronics, Beer, Scanner-listening
  • Devices:Orange P3450/Touch (locked)
If i start searching from the carkit it finds the phone and gives a pin. But the phone does not pop-up 'a device wants to connect' so if i do nothing on the phone the adding-process on the phone isn't started, thus i can never enter the PIN.
If i start from the phone (doing nothing on the carkit) i'm asked for a PIN, which i do not know because it did not generate one (it only generates a PIN after i select a phone on the carkit).
I tried to start the 'phone-search' AFTER i received the PIN from the carkit, but i can start it on different moments as well, i'm just not sure when.
My phone is set to discoverable (no passkey needed on my phone, because i cannot enter a code on the carkit).
For extra ensurance i also actived settings > connections > outgoing signals > accept incoming signals (weird, i have an menu called accept OUTgoing, and in there the only option is accept INcoming).

Tosty will be a daddy soon!!! (So I refers to my sweet lady..)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users