HTC Vox(S710) cannot find sim PLEASE HELP

Guest just-saving

Guest just-saving

Hi all,

I'm new to this place so sorry if I have posted in wrong area. I got a new HTC S710 a couple of days ago. Today I received a dual sim card and excitedly put the holder in without reading the instruction or adding any cut up sims just to make sure the holder did fit. Well, it did fit but I couldnt get the thing back out again as something was getting caught. I had to pull it out using tweezers and now the dual sim is all broken (oh well) but now when I put my Virgin sim card in it is saying 'no sim'. Have I shorted something or have I actually broken something inside the sim holder? I dont know what to do. Just thought I would ask for help before I start looking for somewhere to send my phone off to! :-(

Guest Confucious

I've read a lot of posts on various forums about those dual SIM holders, lots of people have said they will try it and let us know but I have yet to see one single person report back on how they did (even if they were unsuccessful!) - maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I would have thought you were unlikely to have shorted anything. is the SIM seated correctly? Any debris left behind?

Guest realaxed
Hi all,

I'm new to this place so sorry if I have posted in wrong area. I got a new HTC S710 a couple of days ago. Today I received a dual sim card and excitedly put the holder in without reading the instruction or adding any cut up sims just to make sure the holder did fit. Well, it did fit but I couldnt get the thing back out again as something was getting caught. I had to pull it out using tweezers and now the dual sim is all broken (oh well) but now when I put my Virgin sim card in it is saying 'no sim'. Have I shorted something or have I actually broken something inside the sim holder? I dont know what to do. Just thought I would ask for help before I start looking for somewhere to send my phone off to! :-(

Don't know about this one. Just make sure when you report your phone broken you do not mention the dual sim. Just say that your phone no longer will read your sim.

Guest just-saving

Thanks for your replies. I asked around at a few places where I live today. No one could help. The bloke I spoke to in Carphone Warehouse said it would have to go away for a month and said I should go and talk to the people in Orange as they deal with the SPV E650 but I didnt get time. From what I have heard today I believe I have wrecked the contacts inside where the sim sits. Looking at the pictures of the HTC s710 inside it looks like the sim holder sits on a board which would have to be replaced. I can only give myself an award for 'wrecking a phone in the fastest amount of time' - three days! I guess I've learnt my lesson the hard way. :D Can anyone recommend anywhere HTC s710's can get fixed for a reasonable price?

Guest just-saving

not wanting to be beaten over this I tried taking my sim out and reinserting it. What good that was going to do I do not know but last night something strange happened. It worked. Only thing was I didnt have my sim in it was our sim we use on another phone. So, I took that out and then had the same problem with my sim. It wouldnt find it. So, after 200 attempts of taking it out and putting it back in and switching it on...guess what...I just got it working. So, the contact pins must be a bit dodgy. I dont know if I open the phone up to look at the pins if I will be able to kind of straighten them or something otherwise i am never going to be able to turn my phone off ever again! Maybe I should just leave it switched on........ :-)

EDIT: Its all sorted. I think. I just wont ever remove the sim again. And I wont be trying out dual sims ever again! :-)

Edited by just-saving