annoying disconnect problems

Guest photocharge

Guest photocharge

Hi,

i dont know how to solve this problem and ive had a good search around but found no answers

problem 1: i currently run my data connection on GSM to extend battery life. so the settings under phone - band is *gsm auto*. if i happen to be using my phone on a bus or train and i get a disconect/lose signal. the internet will stop working and not reconnect itself. i dont have this problem when i am on 3g so i was wondering if this was a settings thing.

the 2 ways around this are a soft reset or by changing my band to 3g. i dont need 3g on my fone so i dont want to use it.

problem 2: i get the error message *this page cannot be found due to error.....*. i have looked and this is apparently a 'pass through' issue but i get this when im out and about. i have removed all active sync 'syncs' off my phone yet i still get it.

i need these bugs removed so i can go back to enjoying my phone.

any help will be appreciated

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest photocharge
Hi,

i dont know how to solve this problem and ive had a good search around but found no answers

problem 1: i currently run my data connection on GSM to extend battery life. so the settings under phone - band is *gsm auto*. if i happen to be using my phone on a bus or train and i get a disconect/lose signal. the internet will stop working and not reconnect itself. i dont have this problem when i am on 3g so i was wondering if this was a settings thing.

the 2 ways around this are a soft reset or by changing my band to 3g. i dont need 3g on my fone so i dont want to use it.

problem 2: i get the error message *this page cannot be found due to error.....*. i have looked and this is apparently a 'pass through' issue but i get this when im out and about. i have removed all active sync 'syncs' off my phone yet i still get it.

i need these bugs removed so i can go back to enjoying my phone.

any help will be appreciated

cheers

well i still have the same problems

will be upgrading to wm6 with the t mobile rom to see if that has an effect. im thinking its got something to do with IE.

hope it resolves the problem or ill have to get a blackberry

and we dont want that now do we