- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Mattster_SPV

Mattster_SPV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Had an spv m600 which I loved to bits once I had filled it to bits with the excellent spb software. But, I needed satnav, so I bought an spv m700 off ebay (debranded to P3600, Windows 6.1 and Tomtom6 installed). Initially, the tomtom couldn't fing the internal GPS (disaster!) but thanks to the forum I found out it was because the "radio ROM" needed updating (the original owner had changed it to a non-GPS enabled version during the unlocking of the phone, but he kindly sent me the file to flash it to the correct ROM). So now it works and I'm beginning to enjoy it as much as the spv m600!
  • Devices:Trinity P3600 (SPV M700)
Hi all. Help and advice needed please:

I have just bought an spv m700 (with Windows Mobile 6.1) and need to transfer all my stuff from my spv m600 (with Windows Mobile 5.0):

1. On my m600, all my contacts are stored on the phone (not the sim). What's the best way to transfer them all to my m700?

2. Does all the great SPB software on my m600 need to be downloaded again to the m700 or are there CAB files somewhere which I can save to my laptop then transfer to my m700? (I presume the different WM edition makes no difference?)

3. I imagine the old owner flashed WM6.1 onto this m700. Is there anything I should know about this version (as I am only used to WM5)

Any other advice you may have on how to best use my new spv m700 will me much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Matt. :D

HTC P3600 - Trinity (White SPV M700)
CURRENT ROM: FInix3.7.1 Light (OS:5.2.20764 B:20764.1.4.3)
Currently Testing: Spb Mobile Shell 3.0
Radio Version: 1.56.70.11

Robbied

Robbied

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Using Activesync is the best way to transfer your contacts. Sync M600 to your laptop then your laptop to M700

If you purchased SPB software for your M600 and still have the installtion files then use the same method to install it on your M700. Shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

I'm using WM6.1 Elegance. So far no problems.

Mr_Blonde1971

Mr_Blonde1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
I tried a WM 6.1 ROM on my M700 and lost the ability to send and recieve MMS, Had to go back to WM6. The only difference i found between 6 and 6.1 was the threaded SMS.

I had a look at the elegance ROM but it looked very cluttered with too many programmes preinstalled

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users