• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Flapper79

Flapper79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Ipaq 514, Treo 500v, QTEK 8500
I have been on the lookout for a SmartPhone with all the bells and whistles. I wanted to get a phone with a qwerty keypad and good connectivity (3G/GPRS/Quad Band etc) and The Samsung i600 came on my radar.

What I wanted to find out was, what people think of it??

I have also got the Palm Treo 500 on my radar as well and need some views on which one I should plump for

Thanks in advance

spacerace

spacerace

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Devices:iphone
  • Twitter:@robgordon

I have been on the lookout for a SmartPhone with all the bells and whistles. I wanted to get a phone with a qwerty keypad and good connectivity (3G/GPRS/Quad Band etc) and The Samsung i600 came on my radar.

What I wanted to find out was, what people think of it??

I have also got the Palm Treo 500 on my radar as well and need some views on which one I should plump for

Thanks in advance

Battery life is the main issue with the i600 - it comes with 2 batteries as standard, but you have to power down the device to change them over, which is a pain. I struggled to make a day on one battery usually get an alert by mid afternoon unless the number of voice calls had been light.

The Palm is ok, but is quite a bit bulkier than the i600 which could go in your shirt pocket very comfortably.

Flapper79

Flapper79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Ipaq 514, Treo 500v, QTEK 8500

Battery life is the main issue with the i600 - it comes with 2 batteries as standard, but you have to power down the device to change them over, which is a pain. I struggled to make a day on one battery usually get an alert by mid afternoon unless the number of voice calls had been light.

The Palm is ok, but is quite a bit bulkier than the i600 which could go in your shirt pocket very comfortably.

Thanks for the advice. Ended up plumping for a Treo 500v. Battery life is a pet hate of mine :D

Edited by Flapper79, 16 May 2008 - 08:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users