- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mattster_SPV

Mattster_SPV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Had an spv m600 which I loved to bits once I had filled it to bits with the excellent spb software. But, I needed satnav, so I bought an spv m700 off ebay (debranded to P3600, Windows 6.1 and Tomtom6 installed). Initially, the tomtom couldn't fing the internal GPS (disaster!) but thanks to the forum I found out it was because the "radio ROM" needed updating (the original owner had changed it to a non-GPS enabled version during the unlocking of the phone, but he kindly sent me the file to flash it to the correct ROM). So now it works and I'm beginning to enjoy it as much as the spv m600!
  • Devices:Trinity P3600 (SPV M700)
Hi all.

I Just bought an Orange spv m700. Original owner has debranded it and installed WM 6.1

Device name: HTC_P3600i
Model NO: TRIN100
Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
ROM version 3.03.751.5
ROM Date: 04/01/08
Radio Version: 1.16.00.00
Protocol Version: 32.53.7018.01H

I can't find any reviews online from user using WM 6.1
To tell you the truth I see little difference from WM5! (and I prefer the blue spec of WM5 to the green WM6.1)
Can anyone help dish the good and the bad? :D

HTC P3600 - Trinity (White SPV M700)
CURRENT ROM: FInix3.7.1 Light (OS:5.2.20764 B:20764.1.4.3)
Currently Testing: Spb Mobile Shell 3.0
Radio Version: 1.56.70.11

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis
In my experience, moving forwards is always a good idea. If you don't like the blue, you can always change the theme.

You will find that a lot of apps will work faster and more efficiently on a newer os.

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

Mattster_SPV

Mattster_SPV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Had an spv m600 which I loved to bits once I had filled it to bits with the excellent spb software. But, I needed satnav, so I bought an spv m700 off ebay (debranded to P3600, Windows 6.1 and Tomtom6 installed). Initially, the tomtom couldn't fing the internal GPS (disaster!) but thanks to the forum I found out it was because the "radio ROM" needed updating (the original owner had changed it to a non-GPS enabled version during the unlocking of the phone, but he kindly sent me the file to flash it to the correct ROM). So now it works and I'm beginning to enjoy it as much as the spv m600!

In my experience, moving forwards is always a good idea. If you don't like the blue, you can always change the theme.

You will find that a lot of apps will work faster and more efficiently on a newer os.

Hi Fox,

Thanks for replying.

I've read that upgrading ROM's can knock out the GPS receiver? which is my main concern at the moment:

The advice online is to select "NMEA GPC receiver" and COM9 (from the screen shown below)

COM3: GPS in COM9
COM7: RIL on COM6:
S2410 IRDA

However, I still get no GPS signal, indoors or out. Don't know what to do!

Any ideas? :D

Mattster_SPV

Mattster_SPV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I've sorted it, incase anyone with the same problem reads this post:

The problem was the old radio ROM flashed when unlocking the phone. I managed to get in touch with the original owner and he sent me a link to an an .exe file which I downloaded, ran whilst activesynced to my phone, and voila! I now have radio ROM 1.50.08.11. Tomtom 6.03 now successfully works using settings "other NMEA GPS receiver" with "GPS baud rate 115200" and "GPS in Com9"!

Hope this helps others,

Matt :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users