Freeware database software for WM smartphone

Guest Fenris_wolf

Guest Fenris_wolf

Looking for database software. I'm new to the wm6 smartphone world. Been using palm for many years and have used a number of freeware, shareware and commercial products. I have found a number of shareware/commercial database products for my moto Q but haven't found any freeware ones. Are there any and, if so, are they any good? Preferably it would sync with a desktop database.

Edited by Fenris_wolf

Guest chucky.egg

If you're looking for something "general purpose" then I'd suggest you look at electronic wallets - things like CodeWallet (which is commercial, but there are freeware alternatives).

You can customise the forms ("cards"), add attachments and sync with desktop copies etc - they're more versatile than their collective name suggests.

The short answer is "no" - I don't know of any general database applications that can sync with a desktop

Guest Fenris_wolf

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried "Data on the Run", but the it doesn't appear to offer any type of form designer support which limits it's usability on the handheld. I was hoping for something like "Smartlist to go" and at the time I bought it, wasn't too expensive. Handbase may be an option, but I bought it for my palm, ran into problems and got absolutely no help from support which was irritating since it was expensive for such a basic product. I would hate to give them my money again ;-) I’m not looking to do complicated db design; just some basic lists with some lookup fields.

Guest Fenris_wolf

Thanks. It looked like it would do the job, but found out that it wasn't supported on smartphone, just ppc. Email from the company said maybe 2-3 months. Broke down and tried Handbase again, had problems with the install of the demo. Don't think I want to go that route again. Found another one named Visual CE personal. Looks like it could be great but they want $129 for it. Not going to go there.

Beginning to wonder if I made the smartest choice by changing platforms from palm to wm. I thought that palm was getting old, but it sure was easy to find about any type of software for it.