The HTC Kaiser 6.1 / Performance update is here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest scudo
You mean the cube? It's not something i've tried personally, but i'm sure there are files out there to do it...

P

tried personally the cube. transformed my tytnII into a very slow machine... removed after 5minutes

Guest Dan B

I've installed the update on my t-mobile Vario III, and I'm generally quite pleased with it. Only one small problem, the internal GPS doesn't seem to find a signal. Has anyone else had the same problem? Do I need to mess with the default settings?

Cheers

Dan

Guest Jos.eph

hi, anyone tried the ROM on a UK Orange HTC TyTn II? I had a quick read of the posts but haven't seen anyone who has tried & succeeded.

If you upgrade will everything continue working, i.e. GPS, Wifi, 3G, etc?

Does it still have Mobile Office & apps which are normally standard?

If you backup all contacts & appointments using Activsync, will the updated ROM recongise them when sync'in?

Thanks. :D

Guest Trombone

Just installed this rom to my T Mobile Vario III...like the update but it seems to have made the touch screen with or without the stylus a bit sluggish...seems to be a delay when using it, like it needs to wake up? I can be pressing the screen with the stylus and nothing happens for up to 5 seconds..

It was fine when it had the official T-Mobile ROM on it - anyone else with the same problem?

Thanks..

TB

Guest Retronana
hi, anyone tried the ROM on a UK Orange HTC TyTn II? I had a quick read of the posts but haven't seen anyone who has tried & succeeded.

If you upgrade will everything continue working, i.e. GPS, Wifi, 3G, etc?

Does it still have Mobile Office & apps which are normally standard?

If you backup all contacts & appointments using Activsync, will the updated ROM recongise them when sync'in?

Thanks. :D

I've not flashed a Orange phone, although on the HTC standard handset I can confirm the following:

Contact - Appointments re-sync fine after the 6.1 update, all the data that was on Outlook arrived on the Kaiser untouched.

All my data setting transferred over fine, in fact the issue I had with my router have been solved by this update.

All Office Mobile apps still intact, added addition of OneNote Mobile on 6.1

Edited by Retronana

Guest Trombone
No, my V3 is fine, try hard reset or flashing again.

P

Hi Paul - thanks for the advice, reflashed on my work XP machine (as opposed to Vista SP1 at home) and all is fine this time round...

So if anyone else has the same problem - refllash! Not sure if the problem was related to using Vista to do the initial flashing or not...

TB

Edited by Trombone

Guest Trombone

Hmmn

One disappointing thing about the nested texting, is that I cant seem to mark a text as unread! I use this feature all the time, ie read a text and if its something to act on later would mark it as unread to remind me to look at it later!

The item is greyed out on my phone!

Help!

TB

Guest shootydogthing
Hi

Can you help me...? I've got an HTC branded TyTn II and I want to uprade to the latest ROM (version 6.1). I was told that the new ROM has the TouchFLO interface built in - is that correct?

Also, what do I actually need to download to make this seemless (there are two ROMS - the one in this thread and the other in this thread [TLR Kaiser 21.05.08])? Finally, how do I backup mu current content (Contacts, Notes, Word Docs etc).

Thanks for your help in advance?

Cheers

James

BURNSNET

there is touchFLO touch scrolling but no cube

The one in this thread is the official one, the other is TLR's upgraded version with some other bits and peices

Guest Macker1973
HTC's 'video performance' update. So what's it like? Performance IS improved, however with no real video acceleration, don't get your hopes up TOO much!

Where is the performance increase? They have double buffered the screen rotation, while it looks better its actually slower and takes up more memory. This poor performance on screen rotation can also be seen on the videos of the diamond. Video playback looks exactly the same as on my old rom and the overall lag is just as poor as it has always been. Best to go out and purchase a copy of coreplayer for video playback. In truth this is a windows 6.1 update any performance update is very minimal at best. Its extremely disingenuous to claim its a "HTC Kaiser 6.1 / Performance update".

Its best to go for one of the unoffical ROMs where the performance has been increased to a much higher degree.

Just about every windows mobile site will be claiming this is a performance increase though again they are all looking for their prerelease diamonds.

Guest rebecker

OK, so here is the deal. I installed the unofficial "Official" version a couple days ago. This is what I found:

The Good: So far I see nothing new. :D

The Bad: Lost 10MB+ of program memory compared to 6.0. Screen touch seems to be less sensitive. PocketBreeze seems to have an issue with Note creation through Pocket Informant (duplicate view). Media Player still can't handle movies; no acceleration that I can see. Switching from portrait to landscape the same as before.

The Ugly: Windows Mobile 6.1 splash screen.

Am I missing something???? At this point, if I had 6.0 available (which I don't), I'd reinstall it.

Should I consider downloading the official Official version? Is it different than this:

ROM Version: 3.28.405.0 WWE

ROM Date: 05/02/08

Radio Version: 1.65.16.25

Protocol Version: 25.83.40.02H

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest Ghost_1

I've got three macs and a windows PC that is borrowed from a friend. I still need to sync and setup the Active sync with the borrowed PC...

Wish me luck on flashing my TYTN II with the Official HTC ROM!

lol, all my other projects are on hold now. :D

Guest noirs
Not from HTC (as yet), but in the next couple of days the file 'RUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Ship.exe' that you can find here will also become available via official channels!

I'm having trouble updating my device... I haven't flashed my device before, any tips?

I'm running Windows XP x64, but I also tried on my wife's Windows XP x86, same problems. I've got an HTC TyTN II that I bought from an HTC supplier (not from a phone company).

1. I ran that executable, and it attempted to update my device

2. My device's screen showed 3 bars (reg green blue), then went white with a progress bar, then said 1% done

3. Then the update stopped and it said 294 error vendor id

so I tried HardSPL v7 following the instructions, and it caused my device to reboot once it started, and failed with error 260.

Help! thanks!

- Alex

Guest noirs
I'm having trouble updating my device... I haven't flashed my device before, any tips?

I'm running Windows XP x64, but I also tried on my wife's Windows XP x86, same problems. I've got an HTC TyTN II that I bought from an HTC supplier (not from a phone company).

1. I ran that executable, and it attempted to update my device

2. My device's screen showed 3 bars (reg green blue), then went white with a progress bar, then said 1% done

3. Then the update stopped and it said 294 error vendor id

so I tried HardSPL v7 following the instructions, and it caused my device to reboot once it started, and failed with error 260.

Help! thanks!

- Alex

I got passed these problems by following these steps: http://www.technologyatplay.com/main/forum...718&posts=2

the update is now at 27%... got my fingers crossed.

Guest Ghost_1

I've went through a half a day with the OFFICIAL WM6.1 ROM from HTC. I did have issues with installing active sync and such. Once I got through that the actual ROM update went fairly fast. I'd say under ten minutes.

ROM Version: 3.28.405.0 WWE

ROM Date: 05/02/08

Radio Version: 1.65.16.25

Protocol Version: 25.83.40.02H

Speed wise the phone is only a tiny bit more responsive, however it is fast enough that I notice there is less lag between the time I press the screen and when things actually start moving.

Screen flipping is slower but cleaner and it's not that much slower. It is visually more pleasant though. ;D

Application support. . . the jury is still out. My version of TCPMP doesn't work on the WM6.1 rom but did on the original. Which is kind of crappy because I don't want to convert files/I have macs and I'm too poor to buy Core player at the moment. lol

Threaded texting is nice. It's very much like the Palm threaded app but it doesn't screw anything up.

Internet explorer is much easier to use and is about a step and a half below the Safari browser on the iPhone. The main disadvantage is the button pressing/holding down on the screen to bring up menus to get a full page view, ect. I'm hoping there is a gesture I can use or something along the lines of that, cause pressing buttons to view a whole page is a little tedious.

Messaging is a little fustrating. My POP accounts are fine, but my Gmail account. . .oh boy! I cannot for the life of me figure out to make it stop auto setting up the GMail account. Because when it does it sets it up as a POP and not an IMAP. It's not a huge problem but very irritating.

For people who actually use the phone part of the TYTN II, well the only thing I can really tell anyone is that calling is somewhat better, but I haven't made/received more then 10 calls in the last half day. So I'm going to give it a little more time before I say anything solid. The reception for antenna bars is a little better though. Also making a phone call by pressing the green phone button f while you are in the today screen is much better. When the dial pad comes up, instead of coming up in pieces it actually comes in as one piece.

Menus, buttons, applications all of those things are a little zippier however I have a few qualms. . .

1. The sim card contact still appear with the contacts on the phone. You would have figured they would have put an option to turn them off, but alas they either forgot or I'm blind cause I don't see one. Luckily Kaiser Tweaks still works and you can fix it that way or look for the CAB file that stops the sim contacts from showing up.

2. I know this was WM6.1 but i was a little disappointed to find out that not much has changed. I'm still toying with the OS but honestly after spending almost two hours of getting my phone back to where I liked it the only things that made it even remotely worthwhile was the threaded texting and the internet explorer. . . which leads me to. . .

3. if SPB pocket plus can make IE do tabbed browsing why didn't someone throw that in with all the extras to the Pocket IE?

4. I'm not excited to see what other apps don't work right. . . TCPMP was a great player for me and the TYTN II. . . now I'm going to have to delete the 4GB worth of movies on my card. . . I'm worried that other programs I like to use won't work either. :D

I think I'll post up again when I've had a little more time with the new OS.

Cheers!

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

You must not have used TLR's old rom if you think this is faster. It may not be faster, but it seems to have some bugs fixed over the last set of ROM's.

If you want TCMP to work look for this version "TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-01" and then add the wma & wmv codecs. It took me a long time to find a version that worked too. So don't delete your movies there is still hope.

As for your other issues, I've not experienced them.

Guest Transform
it says 'upgrade'. does this mean i will lose everything on my phone when the official htc version comes out?

so will i lose my stuff on my phone if i perform this upgrade?

Guest Ghost_1
You must not have used TLR's old rom if you think this is faster. It may not be faster, but it seems to have some bugs fixed over the last set of ROM's.

If you want TCMP to work look for this version "TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-01" and then add the wma & wmv codecs. It took me a long time to find a version that worked too. So don't delete your movies there is still hope.

As for your other issues, I've not experienced them.

I don't even bother with ROM updates as I have a huge fear of "bricking" phones. lol When I bought the phone I was severely disappointed with almost all the aspects of the phone. Being the US and mail ordering doesn't help returning the item as well as the fact that I was one of the early adopters that paid over the $800 us price. . . don't ask how much I paid. lol Which is why I flashed with the Official HTC ROM. :( As far as fixes I'm still haven't messed with the phone to much. If my luck with my car moves to my phone I might just sell it go back to using a landline and be done with it all. lol

I will def. look into the other version of TCPMP I really like that program. I'd get the core player but at the moment funds are being stretched between too many things. :D

Guest rebecker

I've played with the new ROM for a couple days now. Still very UNIMPRESSED. I'm having a hard time understanding why my generic TyTN II would have issues that no one else seems to have:

1. I've lost 25-30MB of space. I'm now showing about 12-15MB less program memory and about 10-14MB less of storage memory than with the original ROM. In the 7 months I've had this unit, I never worried about memory. Now I'm going to have to pay attention. :D

2. My Today screen seems much less responsive to my finger, while the stylus seems to work about the same. Is there a setting somewhere that can fix this?

3. I see no speed improvement with videos using Media Player.

4. I see no speed improvement when opening my keyboard to switch to landscape mode.

5. Internet Explorer is nowhere near Opera Mini. The narrow vertical view in the 'Zoom In' mode still leaves you with a half-hearted browser.

PLEASE, all of you who have had different experiences then mine regarding the above points, please tell me how you did it :( .

Two final items:

1. Has anyone tried this 'Offical' ROM, then switched to the new TLR-21.05.08 ROM? If so, tell me what you think.

2. Is there any way to get the original WM 6.0 ROM that was installed on the TyTN II? I thought it might be on the CDs that came with the unit, but unless it's oddly named, I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

-Bob-

so will i lose my stuff on my phone if i perform this upgrade?

Yes You will. Just make sure you synch with your PC to save your contacts and notes. I would think those are the msot important. The rest you probably got on you memory stick which is "safe"

Messaging is a little fustrating. My POP accounts are fine, but my Gmail account. . .oh boy! I cannot for the life of me figure out to make it stop auto setting up the GMail account. Because when it does it sets it up as a POP and not an IMAP. It's not a huge problem but very irritating.

Have you tried this If you haven't make sure you check the IMAP option in your Gmail account options

Edited by Ves

Guest Ghost_1
Yes You will. Just make sure you synch with your PC to save your contacts and notes. I would think those are the msot important. The rest you probably got on you memory stick which is "safe"

Have you tried this If you haven't make sure you check the IMAP option in your Gmail account options

I have done both. the thing is, is that WM6.1 has removed the check box for the manual configuration. :D

Guest markeew

Please help. I have just updated using the file on the HTC website. However, once the update has completed I can no longer connect to my network (T-mobile). I have tried a hard reset and still nothing.

I don't know what else to try, please help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.