• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

falfa

falfa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:vario II

Someone in the other "Official 6.1 Rom" Thread was having the sluggish menu and reaction problem as I was having with both of the new Roms.

He posted that when he used his XP computer instead of a Vista one that the ROM ran better.

I tried both ROM's and had the same experience. Although I still think the new ROM's are a little slower, they are not nearly as unresponive as when I flashed from my Vista PC.

Moral is use XP, Vista sucks.

I'd agree with that greatly. I thought the alignment was off as clicking the screen is now unresponsive at times. Remapping hard buttons seems to be a pain now as does closing windows.

alexand3r

alexand3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Iv noticed the same problems, how do you check/change the touch panel sensitivity??

Like someone commented about the other "updated" Kaiser 6.1 Rom, this one seems sluggish and unresponsive to stylus taps.

I checked the touch panel sensitivity, and it was set to 400 in this Rom. I tried upping it to 550, but that seemed even worse. So I did a Hard Reset, and lowered it down to 300. Which seems to have improved the lag time some. There is still a milisecond or 2 more lag time than the previous TLR rom.

Also the updated camera & album app was not included in the Rom. & no Battery level indicator on the today screen.

So far the Radio seems better. Phone volume appears louder. Speaker too. But I've only made 3 phone calls since I updated.

shootydogthing

shootydogthing

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
Does anyone else have "desktop" "Phone" and "comm manager" appearing in the HTC X-Button Task manager?

rebecker

rebecker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN II

I checked the touch panel sensitivity, and it was set to 400 in this Rom. I tried upping it to 550, but that seemed even worse. So I did a Hard Reset, and lowered it down to 300. Which seems to have improved the lag time some. There is still a milisecond or 2 more lag time than the previous TLR rom.

How do you change the sensitivity?

Thanks.

-Bob-

ScrewlooseAZ

ScrewlooseAZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:V3x, Kaiser
Check this site for the touch settings.

http://wiki.modaco.c...itle=HTC_Kaiser

You need a registry editor, I use CeRegEditor. I don't remember where I found the download for it.

As for the settings, I think I'm running it at 250 or 200 now and it seems to help a lot in PIE. Before I could not pan the page without it selecting a bunch of text.

rebecker

rebecker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Check this site for the touch settings.

http://wiki.modaco.c...itle=HTC_Kaiser

You need a registry editor, I use CeRegEditor. I don't remember where I found the download for it.

As for the settings, I think I'm running it at 250 or 200 now and it seems to help a lot in PIE. Before I could not pan the page without it selecting a bunch of text.

THANKS! Setting it at 200 seems to have made the Today screen much more usable.

-Bob-

ScrewlooseAZ

ScrewlooseAZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I did a soft reset recently, and I noticed the screen was acting odd again. I double checked the settings and they had reverted back to 400. UGH!

I guess someone will have to write a cab to keep these settings. I'm not that good though. . .

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton

Optional (but recommended) post install additions

• Currently being tested, online soon!

Any news on this?

Edited by tsutton, 26 May 2008 - 07:20 AM.

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

falfa

falfa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:vario II
I found a thread that recommended a full hard reset and it seems to have made a difference to the touch sensitivity. However, I'm noticing that the keyboard is less responsive skipping letter. Tracy and Matt's blog mentioned this.

Also Coreplayer won't display anything, plays video sound but no pictures.

TheLoanRanger

TheLoanRanger

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Any news on this?

Coming shortly!

TheLoanRanger

TheLoanRanger

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
A small 'additions' update is available via AppToDate to fix a version numbering problem.

Please install! :D

shootydogthing

shootydogthing

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
It won't update. It says something about... Version check failed, and won't update the TLR Kaiser Additions of TLR Kaiser ROM

rebecker

rebecker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

I did a soft reset recently, and I noticed the screen was acting odd again. I double checked the settings and they had reverted back to 400. UGH!

I guess someone will have to write a cab to keep these settings. I'm not that good though. . .

I changed my setting to 200, have done several soft resets. So far it has stuck.

-Bob-

rebecker

rebecker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Things just get weirder and weirder with the OFFICIAL HTC ROM. Posted Image I'm wondering if I should just stay away from WM 6.1!

Here are today's adventures:

1. Decided to move the apps that I had installed to main memory because they are part of the Today screen to my SD card. I was hoping to gain program memory.
2. Uninstalled the apps. In all cases got a message saying the apps couldn't be totally uninstalled. Choose to have them removed from the list.
3. After a soft rest, discovered that ALL are still listed as installed!
4. Reinstalled all apps to the SD card. ALL installations failed (According to the message on the screen)! BUT all apps ARE installed and SEEM to be working properly.
5. In the end, I LOST PROGRAM MEMORY, but gained lots of Storage memory! Posted Image

PLEASE! Certainly someone has the original ROM somewhere that I can reinstall. My mom always said "Don't try to put 3 lbs. in a 2 lb. bag." A phrase Micro$oft has obviously never heard. OH, GIVE ME GOOD OLD WM 6.0!

That's my rant for today.

-Bob-

Edited by rebecker, 26 May 2008 - 05:34 PM.

ScrewlooseAZ

ScrewlooseAZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

It won't update. It says something about... Version check failed, and won't update the TLR Kaiser Additions of TLR Kaiser ROM

Same result here. Maybe post the fixes here.

M_Taylor40

M_Taylor40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Vario 3
I'm getting the Version Check Failed error as well, everything else appears to be working fine for me tho, apart from when I go into landscape mode, none of the context menus work for me.
The start menu works fine, but try loading say word of internet explorer, then one of the menu buttons at the bottom of the screen, there isnt any text rendered within the menus, I can see the _ which would go under the shortcuts (Like Alt+F for the file menu in IE or Firefox or everything else lol).
I'm not sure if this is a bug with the original ROM or with one of the extras I have installed.
This is a list of what I have currently installed on my Kaiser:

TLR 10 Key Comm Manager
ELF Calculator Skin
TLR Caomera 5.04 + Album
TLR Large Start Menu
MoDaCo Google Search
Jorrit Jongma KaiserTweak
MoDaCo AppToDate
A_C S2U2
A_C S2P
A_C S2V
ING TaskManager ITA
Microsoft Live Search
Google Maps
frusso Notepad 1.2 (Actually 1.3)
TomTom Navigator (6)
HTC GPRSMonitor

Apart from these 2 issues (1st I think is probably a server issue with loads of ppl using AppToDate to update the ROM lol), everything is fine!
Thanks again for the great work TLR!
M_Taylor40

Edited by M_Taylor40, 31 May 2008 - 07:29 AM.

ScrewlooseAZ

ScrewlooseAZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
After another soft reset, My touch sensitivity again jumped to 400. So it is not staying on my kaiser. I was reading on xda about how reloading some spl thing helps. I'm going to try that and see what happens.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The 6.1 ROM has a bug with disappearing text if you have cleartype enabled in landscape. That bug exists from the HTC shipping ROM!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
BTW - just did the AppToDate update fine - server back?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

M_Taylor40

M_Taylor40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Vario 3

BTW - just did the AppToDate update fine - server back?

P

Yeah AppToDate is working again for me now, was working again about an hour after my post but was off to bed so was waiting til this morning to let you know.
I thought it might have been to do with the ClearType system, so I disabled it, rebooted my phone (Soft reset) but I still had the problem. I'll give it another go now (I don't want to have to Hard Reset again, just got everything set back up! lol)
M_Taylor40

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users