Need help with samsung blackjack I607

Guest Dasmurf

Guest Dasmurf

Hi everyone, this is my first day here and this seems like a good place to post. I have a few questions about my phone. Ok first off I really want to use my phone to the max. I have the samsung blackjack I607. I would really really like to watch youtube on this phone. I would also like to play some cool games on it. Also if there is some cool updates and what not for this phone please help me. I want really anything thaty can make my phone more enjoyable then it is. I am not very good with computers so you might have to get into details with me and go step by step. I would be very apreciated of that. Thank you for reading this and if you have any suggestions on what to do let me know.

Guest Confucious

Windows Mobile can't play YouTube natively. goto www.vtap.com and install that - a great prog for searching youtube and wikipedia.

Welcome to the forums.

Guest l3v5y
Hi everyone, this is my first day here and this seems like a good place to post. I have a few questions about my phone. Ok first off I really want to use my phone to the max. I have the samsung blackjack I607. I would really really like to watch youtube on this phone. I would also like to play some cool games on it. Also if there is some cool updates and what not for this phone please help me. I want really anything thaty can make my phone more enjoyable then it is. I am not very good with computers so you might have to get into details with me and go step by step. I would be very apreciated of that. Thank you for reading this and if you have any suggestions on what to do let me know.

For YouTube, I'd look at youtubeplay. Supports downloading and playback of FLV files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=385227

Guest MichaelP7
...I would also like to play some cool games on it. Also if there is some cool updates and what not for this phone please help me. I want really anything thaty can make my phone more enjoyable then it is. I am not very good with computers so you might have to get into details with me and go step by step. I would be very apreciated of that. Thank you for reading this and if you have any suggestions on what to do let me know.

For games, and other useful applications, there's a few sites that you may want to check out:

Commercial Apps and Games (mostly):

- www.Handango.com

- www.PocketGear.com

- www.MobiHand.com

Freeware Apps and Games:

- www.freewarepocketpc.net

To install an application or a game, you'll have to install ActiveSync on your Windows PC (it's free). You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/

Once it's installed, connect your Samsung to your computer using the USB cable. This will "sync" your phone with your computer, depending on your settings.

Once ActiveSync is installed and working, just download any program from one of those sites and run it. ActiveSync will install the program on your phone.

By the way: I'm honestly not sure if freewarepocketpc.net does any virus scans on their apps; so you should probably scan their files first. If you need a free antivirus software, try AVG by Grisoft (http://free.grisoft.com).

The other sites should be okay.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Michael

Guest Confucious

Sensible advice but

To install an application or a game, you'll have to install ActiveSync on your Windows PC
Only applies if you are using an old operating system.

If you are using Vista you will, of course, need WMDC instead.

Guest MichaelP7
Sensible advice but Only applies if you are using an old operating system.

If you are using Vista you will, of course, need WMDC instead.

Oops!! You're right! Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction, Confucious. :D

Hehe... I didn't realise that Windows XP was considered "old" now, especially with so many people/businesses resisting the switch to Vista.

Dasmurf: If you're using Vista, Windows Mobile Device Center can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx.

Edited by MichaelP7