Delayed Texts

Guest LSmith4285

Guest LSmith4285

I am running the offical Dopod WM6 ROM on my Orange M700 with the latest radio ROM but I am finding after using it for a while (few months) after a hard reset I have delays getting my texts. If I switch it off and back on it seems to resolve it for a day or two but its not a practical solution.

Anyone else experiencing this? If so has anyone found a way to fix it without hard resetting? I have having to re-install all my programs every few months.

Guest MichaelP7
I am running the offical Dopod WM6 ROM on my Orange M700 with the latest radio ROM but I am finding after using it for a while (few months) after a hard reset I have delays getting my texts. If I switch it off and back on it seems to resolve it for a day or two but its not a practical solution.

Hi,

This is actually most likely a problem with your cell provider/network. As far as I know, SMS* is actually a fairly "unreliable" protocol. SMS doesn't give any guarantees for delivery time, or for delivery at all - which is why sometimes people miss some text messages.

If your you're experiencing delays in receiving your text messages, then it could be the sender's network issue, or your carrier's network issue. I doubt it's your phone because if your phone was just holding on to the message before notifying you, it probably would show the "wait cursor," letting you know that something's being worked on in the background.

*For those who don't know, SMS stands for Short Message Service and is the method/protocol used to send text messages.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bipolarbear

I have had this problem too.

Firstly it helps to delete some messages from the device.

Secondly I have noticed that my orange coverage with the m700 has not been as good as with other mobile phones i have had with orange.

LSmith4285 - I noticed your saltair user image and was wondering if you were in scotland? I'm in Edinburgh and could possibly be due to the network.

Edited by bipolarbear