Photo

New bigger FlexT bundles (for existing customers too!)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

madferret

madferret

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:S730

@Shad - maybe you and I are the only two randomly selected customers?

No, I got the notification as well. Nice to be one of the Special Few. :D

1) You can stay on your 'old' package as long as you like, even when upgrading handsets, on completion of contract dates. As long as any add-ons, bolt ons, and such that you may, over time, add to your account, don't make it impossible for them to keep you on the old package. But if things are much the same when you come to upgrade, and you want to stay as you are, and just take out a new handset, this should be fine. Make sure you enforce this upon them at the time however - that you do not want ANY change to your existing package etc. That gives you scope for complaint and action if they cock anything up.

I agree with everything you say, but would add that T-Mo also offer loyalty discounts if you are willing to extend your old contract without taking a new handset. I did this last year and now have £5 discount on top of my original Half Price Line Rental offer! I used the discount to pay for WnW plus (I am still on the original 40MB/month WnW basic tariff), so I get 200 mins + 3GB data for just £16.38 a month.

I've been through the usual CS misinformation process when I've called them but lately, emails via the form on the My T-Mobile page (i.e. not by regular email) have always got through to someone that understands and can sort out the problem. The last couple of times these have also been followed up by 'customer care' calls from Germany to make sure I am happy.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
I got £15 loyalty discount (although it shows as £10 + £5) and was pleased to find it comes off after my 25% discount, not before. I pay £20.62 for Flext35 and W'n'W Plus

Not had any problems with CS myself - guess I'm just lucky!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis

I was told that they could not give W'n'W Plus on the new allowance so I did not upgrade. Did you lose any other discounts or 'just' the 25%?

Yup, they told me exactly the same.

Although I'm kinda tempted to downgrade to WnW, save the fiver, and put it towards a Three Mobile broadband dongle.

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

shadamehr

shadamehr

'That' Avatar Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Internet, Games, Women, Phones, Clubbing and Pubbing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Twitter:@shadamehr

I was told that they could not give W'n'W Plus on the new allowance so I did not upgrade. Did you lose any other discounts or 'just' the 25%?

Yup, they told me exactly the same.

Although I'm kinda tempted to downgrade to WnW, save the fiver, and put it towards a Three Mobile broadband dongle.

Sounds like a loads of RUBBISH to me. Because if you visit the T-Mobile site...
  • Choose Plans...
  • Choose Pay Monthly...
  • Choose something like "18 month Flext 35" (note, NOT the tab or option for Flext AND WnW, obviously).
  • Then Choose a handset (say for example Nokia E51).
  • The next stage is Optional Extras.
  • And in the drop down box for "Internet on Your Phone", you can choose ANY flavour of WnW you wish - standard, Plus, or Max.
So clearly, you can NOT have Flext xx + WnW Plus or Max (that is, as a standalone named Tariff, as complete tariffs never really existed as such for Plus and Max as part of Flext - they were always bundle additions).

But you CAN easily now take out a Flext Bundles of the new higher allowance level, BUT now including CHARGEABLE voicemail (I wish Paul would add that to his first post in this thread still!). And then you can add, as a bundle or bolt on, any flavour of WnW you wish.

So absolutely ZERO reason, existing users cannot have the magic button pressed to change them over to the newer higher allowance level Flext plan, AND keeping the same extra flavour of WnW Plus or Max they already have.

Just remember, doing so will affect any loyalty bonuses you have, AND will now mean chargeable voicemail on the newer Flext plans.

Posted Image

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
For me, as I never get anywhere near my limit but do, occasionally use voicemail, it still makes sense to stay on my existing plan.
But, yet again, more useful info - thanks Shad.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users